greetings

Have had my beard for 45 years now and can't imagine not having one. several of my nudist buds also have beardsBillie

This topic was edited
RE: greetings

Great to hear you are a bearder lifer. :) I too have had a beard for most of my adult life, having to shave it off once for a face skin infection. Once the infection was cleared up I grew it back. Now that I have retired (almost 2 years ago)I no longer have to keep it trimmed close to my face (worked in a kitchen) and it has grown out splendidly. But now it is white.

This post was edited
RE: greetings

I grew mine when I was 18 and have kept it ever since - that's 54 years. Now it's white and I'm letting it grow long to go with my Christmas hat.

This post was edited
RE:greetings

I am, for most of the time, clean shaven. This is partly as I don't grow a really full beard and it tends to look a bit messy. Every now and then (like since this new year) I decide to not shave. I keep it short - fairly greying now - and neck shaved. Ah, variety. Lucky we men have the option.

This post was edited

I agree cant imagine not being bearded... men just are so appealing and natural this way.

This post was edited

It's been 31 years for me; I grew it out as soon as I left for college. I shaved the sides once to see what I'd look like with a goatee. That lasted about a month. Otherwise, it's been with me the whole time.

This post was edited

I have had a beard for the last 18 years or so. I love it and I love beards on other guys too. To me it adds to the natural masculinity of a man. It doesn't matter the style colour or length, to me it just makes a man more attractive.

This post was edited

Like one of my sons, we cannot grow a beard. It is uneven and patchy, whereas my older son has a great beard. I have had my mustache for exactly 50 years. It started during the summer holidays and I received so many positive comments, it has stayed. I have trimmed it very closely a few times, but it grows so fast!

This post was edited

Like one of my sons, we cannot grow a beard. It is uneven and patchy, whereas my older son has a great beard. I have had my mustache for exactly 50 years. It started during the summer holidays and I received so many positive comments, it has stayed. I have trimmed it very closely a few times, but it grows so fast!

I couldn't grow one either until 43 then all of a sudden I went from patchy and scraggly to thick full and bushy. One thing I did realize is that we judge ourselves and see what we remember and if it's experience of failing to achieve whatever norm we had usually long ago we give up on it at the earliest stages... but if we wait past itchy and 2 inches of growth all of a sudden it's much fuller and more robust... and if there's a gap or thinner hair between sideburns and stache or in the goatee, square it up and it looks incredibly hot... handlebar with a chin patch that rides under the chin but a good space to show off the stache and the same for the sideburns which are great clipped tighter and that pops the stashe even more. I would have to shave and trim twice a day to maintain this look because those areas grow the quickest and thickest so even a shadow paints in the outlines. Bet the stash is fantastic on its own though.

This post was edited

Like my sons, growing a beard was never an easy thing. My dad had a great beard and when my oldest child was very young she would sit for hours and run her fingers through Grandpa's beard. Decades later she still remembers how soft and full it was. For me, not so much. Very little facial hair and almost no body hair either. I have tried for years to grow a decent beard and have had a moustache for a very long time. About the time i retired I said screw it and threw away my razor. No more shaving, no more hair cuts. The profile pic is 5 years in...

This post was edited