RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

We prefer nudist clubs to clothing optional but readily enjoy both. We have been to four clubs withing driving distance, two are nudist and two are clothing optional. Our experience:
Avalon: Clothing optional but if the weather is nice you hardly ever see anyone clothed. People go there to be nude. We have dined nude and danced nude there, but a good percentage of people dress for dinner.
MAHESO: Also clothing optional, but if you get in the pool, you must be nude. Think we have only seen one person clothed in the pool area. Nudity is the norm and we definitely leave our clothes in the car.
Pine Tree: Nudity is mandatory, weather permitting, even for newbies. Some people dress a bit for dinners or dancing. Much more a nudist club than clothing optional.
White Tail Resort: Again, a nudist club and not clothing optional. Most people there are committed nudists. Good atmosphere.

This post was edited

I agree. I go to two clubs near Atlanta as a day visitor and mostly on week days and even at the pool/clubhouse some people are clothed. Some are nude. Seems odd but I dont mind. I go to the clubs to be nude so I undress at the car and stay naked until I leave.

I also hike naked in the forests but Im always listening and watching out for others. Its so much more comfortable to be at a place where I dont need to do that.

This post was edited

Now that I'm a "regular" at a nude-mandatory resort, I can actually talk about it "intelligently"; keeping in mind that it's just one resort and I have no idea - other than second hand accounts - how the others are run.

A little backstory: my wife and I were checking out the various resorts in our region, which were all clothing-optional. My wife at that stage had decided that "strictly" C/O (nude only in the pool area to swim, tan and hot-tub) was the way to go for her. When we first visited the nude-mandatory resort, we actually had no idea it was "all nude"; and no one came over to "correct" my wife when she walked outside the pool area in a short dress. My wife liked it so much there (the lake is what did it for her) that we decided to make it our main nudist spot. We managed to return during the pandemic; which would be the first time my wife would venture outside the pool area nude. There were few people there and being "cooped up" most of the year gave her the motivation to stay naked.
It wasn't until earlier this year when we returned to the resort that it was more or less "back to normal" in terms of the number of attendees. That's when something struck me. The person who checked us in was naked; and with just a couple of exceptions - women occasionally just wearing a top - everyone was naked throughout the resort. I had a "hunch" so I went to the resort website; and sure enough: they are nude-mandatory. I informed my wife of my find; and her reaction was actually pretty nonchalant. She no longer had any negative feelings about "all nude"; since she now preferred lounging by the lake, and she just found it more practical and enjoyable to just stay naked as we moved between the pool area and the lake. Everyone else also being naked makes it easier for her to do activities on the lake nude; since other people are doing it too (she certainly would have not been comfortable paddle-boarding naked if other women wore a sarong to do it).

The interesting thing to me is that there actually is little difference between the "nude-mandatory" resort we go to, and some of the "C/O" resorts I've visited, in terms of number of people choosing to be naked. It's only when "extremes" are reached (too many sarongs at a C/O resort, or strictly enforced nudity at N/M resorts) that there can be an issue. But I pretty much had the same experience years ago at Cedar Creek or Bell Acres, as I've had at LOTW. And now more than ever, I feel that's how it should be.

This post was edited

How does the nude mandatory work on a cooler evening when in my experience women are cold must most guys are fine, or on a cooler day?

This post was edited

On several occasions, I have been the only person naked or at least one of the only people nude.

The first time was on my birthday. I went to a friends house who has several acres of land so it is very private. They host many nude parties every year. (Nude Years Eve is fantastic!). Anyway...I want to spend my birthday weekend in my birthday suit. I arrived on Friday stripped naked and sat down with my friends at the table of conversation and drinks. I was the only one nude. Later in the evening, a few other guests arrived. They were dressed and I was nude. Now it was about 7 dressed to me naked. After a couple hours, everyone was nude.

The next day, as people woke up, I was still nude. The rest got dressed and went into town for food and drink supplies. Later that afternoon, the rest of the guests arrived. I was nude they were not (yet). I was the only one naked in a group of 20. Only for about 2 hours.

The point is, it didn't phase me to be the only naked person. The others were nudists. They eventually got naked. But, while I was the only one naked, I felt very comfortable and normal.

I went to a Halloween party at the nudist resort that I frequent. Almost all of the people had costumes on. I had nothing on. I told everyone I was the Invisible man. It was fun.

This post was edited

I went to a Halloween party at the nudist resort that I frequent. Almost all of the people had costumes on. I had nothing on. I told everyone I was the Invisible man. It was fun.

If I had to go to a costume party, I'd be tempted to go as a nudist with my towel to sit on or throw over my shoulder.

This post was edited

How does the nude mandatory work on a cooler evening when in my experience women are cold must most guys are fine, or on a cooler day?

My resort is not uncompromising. I have been there on a cooler evening, and some women did choose to wear a sarong or T-shirt. My wife chooses a long knitted cover-up; which is open in the front but still warm enough to keep her from getting too chilly. As long as the purpose is clearly just to stay warm; it's totally acceptable.

This post was edited

At Harbin Hot Springs, a clothing-optional meditation center here in California, it is advised that people bring a robe if they want to use the pools in the evening, as there is sometimes a wait for one (the number of people in the pool is limited), and it gets chilly at night. That makes sense to me. And I've worn a robe at other naturist resorts when it got cold, and nobody thought twice about it.

This post was edited

I have been to clothing optional hot springs, beaches and resorts and on a nice day I dont understand why people that go to these places are too shy to be naked with others that are naked. I like to get naked as soon as it is permitted because I like the freedom to enjoy being naked and no one can say anything about it. I just ignore and not bothered by those that are not naked that dont interfere in my naked activities. I have noticed some guys like to wear jock straps at theses clothing optional venues which can attracts more attention than just being naked, but why wear one when nudity is acceptable and when yo have paid to be in a nudist setting. I also find some guys are scared to have their penis seen by others and will use their hands or towel to hide their penis behind, there is nothing to be ashamed of since we are all born with a penis as a male.

This post was edited

I have been to clothing optional hot springs, beaches and resorts and on a nice day I dont understand why people that go to these places are too shy to be naked with others that are naked. I like to get naked as soon as it is permitted because I like the freedom to enjoy being naked and no one can say anything about it. I just ignore and not bothered by those that are not naked that dont interfere in my naked activities. I have noticed some guys like to wear jock straps at theses clothing optional venues which can attracts more attention than just being naked, but why wear one when nudity is acceptable and when yo have paid to be in a nudist setting. I also find some guys are scared to have their penis seen by others and will use their hands or towel to hide their penis behind, there is nothing to be ashamed of since we are all born with a penis as a male.

I can see two valid reasons to go to a clothing optional venue and not be nude, other than temperature.
Going with someone who wants to be nude and you are not comfortable doing so.
Wearing less than is permissible in most other settings, eg. topless for women, g-strings for either gender.
Most of the people at the nude beach I use (Gunnison) that are not nude seem to meet one of these two.

This post was edited