Why should nudist apologize?

I catch myself and I read numerous comments among various topics but I find a common theme: most nudists are apologetic about their practice or being caught nude on their property. Why do we tend to do that?

This topic was edited
RE:Why should nudist apologize?

I believe that it is because we are part of a community and the community standards require us to be clothed. There are places where it is perfectly legal for me to be shirtless, but my community standards suggest that a shirt is more appropriate. If it suddenly became legal for me to be nude in my own yard, I'm not sure if I would take advantage of the change in the law, but a 90 degree day with matching humidity would be and incentive.

This post was edited

I believe this is a mistake that many of us make. Since many people who consider themselves to be nudists are in favor of more public spaces where nudity is accepted, and more acceptance of public nudity by society, we should never apologize for being nude or try to quickly cover up. In doing so we demonstrate we know weve been caught doing something wrong. At that point it is impossible to argue that theres nothing wrong with being nude, because we have already ceded all the power to our adversaries. How can we claim that nudity is not shameful or embarrassing if we act like were embarrassed and ashamed when discovered nude. People who choose to be offended or disturbed by nudity should not determine if public nudity is acceptable.

This post was edited

BigDudeMan wrote:Im nude at our property almost all of the time. Out back if fully enclosed and private. Im never nude out front where I can bee seen so Ive never ever been caught.

I too am nude every day in our backyard taking care of the pool, yard maintenance, enjoying the sun, etc. However, our backyard is not private in that two two story homes have pretty much full view of the yard. Ive been doing this for about 20 years. The neighbors dont care.

In my view, the use of the term -caught-, indicates the person that is nude knew or felt they were doing something wrong. There are a number of discussions on this site about when you were last caught, etc. Really they should more like when were you last seen by others, etc.

This post was edited

It is common courtesy to apologize when you shock someone. However if I'm minding my own business in my private yard which I have worked very hard to make it that way and someone intrudes on that privacy then oh well. It is what it is and no apology is offered or deserved.

This post was edited