Checking in to a Resort

When you go to a clothing optional resort, do you check in nude.
I have only gone to one once, but when I did, I stripped except for sandals on my feet, put my phone, wallet, keys and a towel in a small pack, and locked everything else in the car, then checked in.

This topic was edited
RE:Checking in to a Resort

The first nudist resort that I went to required one to be clothed since it was accessible to everyone that showed up and were clothed, including service people. The required tours for first timers were also done clothed. Once you pass through the gate, nudity was acceptable and one could exercise the freedom of being naked throughout the resort. The experienced or seasoned nudist would arrive naked since they were pre-registered and had the gate code to get into the resort without having to get out of their vehicle.

This post was edited

When you go to a clothing optional resort, do you check in nude.I have only gone to one once, but when I did, I stripped except for sandals on my feet, put my phone, wallet, keys and a towel in a small pack, and locked everything else in the car, then checked in.

It depends on the layout of the club or resort. Some clubs and resorts buzz you in at the gate and you drive to the office to check in. Others, the office is at the main entrance and they don't want you naked on the public side of the gate. This is the way it is at our club.

For only a very few visits to a club or resort, I've had shorts on. I have mesh shorts to wear into the office to check in if I need to be covered. Usually, depending on temps, it's these mesh shorts and flip flops..., no shirt and my wallet. My wife is usually in a sundress of some sort and flip flops. In most cases, I drive to these destinations nude.

If the office is inside the gate and we've been buzzed in. I will stay naked and check in. I have had a few front office staff try and give me grief for already being naked. Sometimes is a sarcastic comment or out and out a mild scolding for being naked before arriving inside the gates. After a courteous philosophy exchange or an intervening from the office manager, the office staff member backs off. Most times, office staff smiles and says, "wow, you don't waste any time!" ;DD

Checking out is the same. I always check out naked, jump in the car or motorhome and drive out. It's hit and miss for my wife but usually she's in a sheer or mesh dress for the drive to the club, check in, check out and back home.

This post was edited

I was with a party arriving in two cars at one place. Our car checked in, clothed. From the second car, one person came into the lobby nude. And was summarily banned. When in doubt, check in clothed, get the lay of the land.

This post was edited

Normally, I check in nude. Only once (at White Tail resort near Ivor, VA) was I 'reprimanded' by the dude at the front desk for walking into 'his' office nude. Later, I found out from folks who live there or are regulars that dude was not high on anyone's list of nice people.

This post was edited

Default assumption is to check in clothed for many reasons outlined above. You're going to a nude resort, you don't have to prove how hardcore you are by also checking in nude. LOL

Another good idea, is to sit in the parking area and observe people coming and going. If you see nude people going in and out of the office, then there is your answer.

This post was edited

My first visit to Solair I was unsure, so even though I drove there nude I put clothes on to check in. Now that I see the layout, that was not necessary and next time I go I will be nude the entire day, driving there and back, checking in, and of course the whole day spent there. I can't wait!

This post was edited

Different resorts have different rules, and those can be found either on their website or by calling them.
NOTE: I've edited this post to include the names of the resorts involved, since the advice would be more useful if you knew which places I was referring to.

I've been to four resorts in my area. At Harbin Hot Springs, clothes were required anywhere you could be seen from a public road, and that included the office area. Once you were out of view, though, clothing was optional.

In Laguna Del Sol, the second resort, there was a fence with a gate between the check-in parking lot and the office. Once you were through that gate, nudity was OK. But everybody checked in while clothed, went back through the gate to their car, and then used the issued gate code to go through a larger gate to drive into the resort proper. But once in the resort, if you needed to go to the office for something, you stayed nude.

To arrive at the Willamettans, the third resort, you were buzzed through the gate to get to the office. I guess you could get naked right away, but people didn't. They stayed clothed until they arrived at where they were going to camp or be lodged, and then they went naked.

The fourth resort was the Sequoians. There, the office was at the end of a long private driveway. You parked, got naked, and then checked into the office (although you could do so while clothed).

This post was edited

When we went to Hedonism II in Jamaica, we were dressed at the front deck.

At our local nudist club that we have been members for a few years, no. The desk is inside the gate and not open to the public so even the people working at the desk are nude.

This post was edited

Sunsport is gated and almost everyone undressed as soon as they get out of their cars. So naked check-in is permissible. Tuscany and Desert in Palm Springs you have to be clothed to check in. Shorts, flip-flops, and a tank top will do.

This post was edited

Sunsport is gated and almost everyone undressed as soon as they get out of their cars. So naked check-in is permissible. Tuscany and Desert in Palm Springs you have to be clothed to check in. Shorts, flip-flops, and a tank top will do.
Seems unnecessary to require men to wear a shirt even if nudity is not allowed.

This post was edited