RE:Checking in to a Resort

Default assumption is to check in clothed for many reasons outlined above. You're going to a nude resort, you don't have to prove how hardcore you are by also checking in nude. LOLAnother good idea, is to sit in the parking area and observe people coming and going. If you see nude people going in and out of the office, then there is your answer.

I saw some staff members in the parking lot and asked if nudity was permitted the office before I checked in.

This post was edited

My first visit to Solair I was unsure, so even though I drove there nude I put clothes on to check in. Now that I see the layout, that was not necessary and next time I go I will be nude the entire day, driving there and back, checking in, and of course the whole day spent there. I can't wait!

Will you bring clothing in case of an emergency?

This post was edited

When we went to Hedonism II in Jamaica, we were dressed at the front deck.At our local nudist club that we have been members for a few years, no. The desk is inside the gate and not open to the public so even the people working at the desk are nude.

At the clothing optional resort I visited, it seemed like all of the staff except the lifeguard was clothed.

This post was edited

My first visit to Solair I was unsure, so even though I drove there nude I put clothes on to check in. Now that I see the layout, that was not necessary and next time I go I will be nude the entire day, driving there and back, checking in, and of course the whole day spent there. I can't wait!

The only catch is you need to get out of your car to buzz in at the gate which is outside of their property (unless you drive up on the wrong side of the road at the entrance, which Ive seen a lot but have never done). I drove to Solair nude for Labor Day weekend and since there was a car in front of me the gate was already open so I didnt have to decide between getting dressed and driving on the left at the gate to buzz in. I was sitting on a bath wrap that I could have used if needed. There were three workers in the office: one nude, one topless, and one clothed and we've been nude in the office before (though not for check-in, which I had seen done before) so I knew it was ok.

The closest to getting dressed I got was a raincoat walking to the dance Sunday night. We checked out Monday morning but stayed the day, so when it was time to leave I just entered the gate code and left without getting dressed. My wife never lets me drive to Solair nude, but we had to take two cars in order to bring the dogs and their extra gear. We already have plans for going with the dogs again on Memorial Day weekend, so I may get to drive there and back nude again.

This post was edited

I was with a party arriving in two cars at one place. Our car checked in, clothed. From the second car, one person came into the lobby nude. And was summarily banned. When in doubt, check in clothed, get the lay of the land.

I agree. Especially if it's your first time at that resort, you don't want to risk getting reprimanded - or worse - by checking into the main office naked when newcomers are expected to check in dressed. There are resorts that are quite stringent about it (which I personally feel doesn't make much sense).

Sometimes, all you need is ask. I used to go to Bell Acres in my previous life; and after going there a few times, I started wondering why I needed bother staying dressed to check in, since the parking lot was inside the resort and some people hung out naked in the main office. I simply asked the front desk lady; who told me it wasn't "customary" to check in naked, but told me she'd be ok with me doing it. My then-wife was on board with it, so we started getting naked as soon as (or before) we arrived. It was funny seeing people's expressions when we strolled in naked to check in at first; but soon enough other people started doing it too. So it doesn't hurt to just ask.
When we went to Cedar Creek, we were friends with some members; so we got a "pass" on checking in dressed.
But for most other C/O resorts, checking in dressed was "de rigueur."

In my current life with my wife Liz, we go to a "NM" resort where checking in nude is obviously allowed. Most people do check in dressed nonetheless; and then return to their car to get naked. Liz prefers it that way too; as she doesn't want to stand in line naked between clothed people to check in, and she likes to get "organized" at the car with all our stuff before proceeding naked to the lake.

So it really varies from resort to resort. Finding out first doesn't hurt.

This post was edited

Only been to one resort, but getting naked right out of the car seems pretty common there.
The parking lot and office are inside the gate. Office staff are naked.
Was pretty happy to leave my clothes in the car immediately and not see them again until I left.

This post was edited

You're going to a nude resort, you don't have to prove how hardcore you are by also checking in nude. LOL.

A good point. But not every nudist that prefers to check in naked is doing it to "prove" something (even though there are certainly some that do).

My first wife was (eventually) more of a home-nudist than a resort nudist. On days that we went to the resort, she was already naked, so she didn't see the point of going through the hassle of getting fully clothed just to take it all off again an hour later. So she'd just throw on a sarong; which, depending on the temperature and the time of day (we lived in the Deep South) , would end up on the floor or in the back seat before even arriving at the resort. Then she could just hop out of the car already nude and continue with her "naked day." For her, it was just about continuity being comfortably naked.

So for the standpoint of home-nudists, I totally get the motivation to just stay naked - as much as possible - from the house to the resort.

This post was edited

You're going to a nude resort, you don't have to prove how hardcore you are by also checking in nude. LOL.A good point. But not every nudist that prefers to check in naked is doing it to "prove" something (even though there are certainly some that do).My first wife was (eventually) more of a home-nudist than a resort nudist. On days that we went to the resort, she was already naked, so she didn't see the point of going through the hassle of getting fully clothed just to take it all off again an hour later. So she'd just throw on a sarong; which, depending on the temperature and the time of day (we lived in the Deep South) , would end up on the floor or in the back seat before even arriving at the resort. Then she could just hop out of the car already nude and continue with her "naked day." For her, it was just about continuity being comfortably naked.So for the standpoint of home-nudists, I totally get the motivation to just stay naked - as much as possible - from the house to the resort.

Do you travel naked also?
What clothing (if any) do you have in the car?

This post was edited

There are two resorts that I try to get to every summer and for both, I drive there naked and go into the office naked to check in. At both resorts, staff in the office are also naked so there is never any concern arriving and checking in nude. It is great leaving the house naked when your destination is a nudist/naturist resort and it it is great arriving naked, enjoying a day being nude in nature with others and leaving naked at the end of the day.

This post was edited

There are two resorts that I try to get to every summer and for both, I drive there naked and go into the office naked to check in. At both resorts, staff in the office are also naked so there is never any concern arriving and checking in nude. It is great leaving the house naked when your destination is a nudist/naturist resort and it it is great arriving naked, enjoying a day being nude in nature with others and leaving naked at the end of the day.

What clothing (if any) do you have in the car?

This post was edited