RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

Being a nudist in the north is not always easy or enjoyable if your teeth are chattering.

You're not kidding. I don't regret moving to the Midwest from the "Deep South"; but that does make "open air nudity season" pretty darn short! LOTW closes from last week end all the way until May! I believe some other nudist resorts stay open in winter; but the idea of being cooped up in the hot-tub area or main building doesn't really appeal to Liz.

Instead we are going to a rather large nudist B&B where we can stay nude all week end and enjoy some socialization with the other guests. But yeah being a nudist north of the border isn't the easiest!

This post was edited

Being a nudist in the north is not always easy or enjoyable if your teeth are chattering.

Should have been here the last two days. The temp went up past 80. That's hot for the last week of September especially for those of us who remember snow much earlier in the month. Did my work on the interior of the house nude today simply because it was too hot to wear anything.

This post was edited

Being a nudist in the north is not always easy or enjoyable if your teeth are chattering.LOTW closes from last week end all the way until May!

Our club as well runs pretty much the same schedule. Yes it is a short season and even shorter factoring in rain out weekends and those unseasonable cool days. We will take what we can get as it beats nothing.

This post was edited

I had another thought last night.

My wife and I were talking about some of the nudists we know and met at the resort. One couple in particular came to mind; and thinking about them brought me to the realization:

I've never seen them dressed.

I think they typically arrive before us, and leave after us; and because most people undress in the parking lot and arrive naked, the only time you might see people with clothes on is when they arrive or leave. So in all probability, there are also people at the resort who have also never seen my wife or I covered/dressed.

I find it interesting. The normalization of nudity between us and this couple (probably as well as other people) is such that the only way we've ever interacted is while we were all nude. Would we even recognize each other if we ran into each other on the street, dressed? It's actually possible that we wouldn't. Because the visual cues that allow us to recognize each other is not just our faces, but also "naked appearance." Which wouldn't be perceptible with clothes on.

Does it matter? Well I think it redefines the normalcy of human interactions. To a non-nudist it might seem "weird" that the only way we've ever interacted with some people was completely naked. But in the context of those relationships, in that setting, it might actually be "weirder" if one of us was dressed or covered; because the only way we've ever interacted has been while completely naked.

That's IMHO another benefit of the "all-nude" resort/club. These "always nude" relationships - however fleeting - are special. They've seen all your "nooks and crannies"; and you theirs. They don't even know how you present yourself to the outside world (and vice-versa), so their perception of you is strictly based on your behavior and your "naked appearance." My wife, who is an enduring cynic, also recognizes the value in these "always nude" relationships; even if she is a little cold, she will only cover up her shoulders and back around people she's always been naked around (and vice-versa), to preserve the "spirit of openness" with them, so to speak.

This post was edited

I prefer clothes free as everyone is on an equal basis, more open, at ease with nudity. I do see where clothes optional has a place especially for people to try the nudist lifestyle. My first visit was to a CO club, I didn't choose it for CO, it was just convenient. I was nude from the start as that was why I went. There were very few others nude, and a couple was there for a first visit too. Later the man was nude, but the woman stayed clothed. I visited several more times, and usually was the only one nude, it seemed odd for people to be there on a nice day clothed. Since then I visit the clothes free club which has the open and equal atmosphere I much prefer.

This post was edited

I had another thought last night.My wife and I were talking about some of the nudists we know and met at the resort. One couple in particular came to mind; and thinking about them brought me to the realization:I've never seen them dressed.I think they typically arrive before us, and leave after us; and because most people undress in the parking lot and arrive naked, the only time you might see people with clothes on is when they arrive or leave. So in all probability, there are also people at the resort who have also never seen my wife or I covered/dressed..

Our closest nudist friends are from CO. We met at a small nudist hotel in Palm Springs over 20 years ago. They came for two nights during our annual weeklong stay with another couple, also close friends. We all didn't want to get dressed and remained naked the entire two days they were with us all. We ordered food in and had such a great time getting to know this couple. When it was time for them to go home, my wife and I took them to the airport but not before inviting them back to vacation with us the following year at the same hotel. We then invited them to come and stay with us at our home for a few days before we went to Palm Springs.

When it was time to pick them up at the hotel, it was my wife that asked, "do you remember what they look like? I don't remember them with their clothes on!" We remembered but it was a funny situation that all four of us laughed about once we greeted curbside and in the car. We began seeing each other more than once a year after that first two years and now they have a Winter home in AZ that is only a 4.5 hr drive from our home. We are visiting with them in a few weeks there. Their home is situated where we are almost always greeted nude.

This post was edited

2bnude4me wrote:

I visited several more times, and usually was the only one nude, it seemed odd for people to be there on a nice day clothed. Since then I visit the clothes free club which has the open and equal atmosphere I much prefer.

I envy the fact that you have your choice of places to go. In most places, people count themselves lucky if they have even one place within a half-day's drive.

This post was edited

At the end of the day shouldnt it be about choice. Isnt that what we ask of the so called textile world. Only to turn around and put our won restriction on folks. This idea that you must become a naturist by immediately taking of your clothes or flipping a switch from clothed to unclothed makes you a nudist is something that I will never understand because it doesnt take into consideration how people actually work and the variety of ways we handle new and strange experiences. If we dont want a one size fits all world that is seen from a clothed point of view why impose that on others
My two cents.

This post was edited

This thread is about preference not about making someone choose between the two options. For that matter, it's most likely that this topic was asked of nudists and not those thinking about visiting some place like this.

Clothing Optional has lost its focus. It was a way to allow people venturing into nudism and nude places by allowing them time to adjust. It was never intended to be a place where clothed people could come and never take their clothes off. The clothed society already has most every place else to go to wear clothes. The nudists do not. Why should we as a community give up our spaces to those that would not allow us to be nude in their spaces?

If our parks, beaches, common public areas were opened to allowing us to be naked as we choose, then I personally would not have an issue but because they don't, I don't see why we should allow people who have no intention of getting naked and joining our community yet another place to wear clothes.

This post was edited

Well said, homeclothesfree.

This post was edited