Hot dog, bun or no bun

Which do you enjoy more

This topic was edited
RE:Hot dog, bun or no bun

No bun for me either

This post was edited

I'd want a bun with mustard on it and shredded sharp cheddar cheese on top. If chili is available, that can make them even better.

This post was edited

Bun with lots of onion and ketchup.

This post was edited

Neither dog or bun....Yuk...You know how much crap is in a hot dog?

This post was edited

Neither dog or bun....Yuk...You know how much crap is in a hot dog?

I guess you have never had scrapple. It is a food local to SE PA and nearby NJ where they take the parts of the pig that didn't make it into the hot dogs, mix it with cornmeal and fry it.

This post was edited

I dunno AZ - exactly what "crap" are you referring to - please tell me

This post was edited

I dunno AZ - exactly what "crap" are you referring to - please tell me

Look into the ingredients of what goes in hotdogs...Just look at the label!

Hot dogs are made from the emulsified meat trimmings of chicken, beef, or pork. This meat mixture is blended with other ingredients (like preservatives, spices, and coloring) into a batter-like substance. The emulsified meat is then stuffed into casings, which are typically made from processed collagen or collagen from animal intestines.

This post was edited

Per the original question, I enjoy my hotdogs with a good bun, light mayonnaise spread on both sides, a small spread of mustard & ketchup on opposite sides, onions & relish lightly added to both sides and if lucky, folded shut. Sometimes, it is a mouthful. =)

This post was edited

I dunno AZ - exactly what "crap" are you referring to - please tell meLook into the ingredients of what goes in hotdogs...Just look at the label!Hot dogs are made from the emulsified meat trimmings of chicken, beef, or pork. This meat mixture is blended with other ingredients (like preservatives, spices, and coloring) into a batter-like substance. The emulsified meat is then stuffed into casings, which are typically made from processed collagen or collagen from animal intestines.
I do look at the label on my hot dogs, and I don't see anything as repulsive as all that.

"Kosher Beef, Water, Contains 2% or Less of: Salt, Spice, Sodium Lactate, Paprika, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Garlic Powder, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Flavoring, Sodium Nitrite."
And I prefer mine on a bun with horseradish mustard, sweet relish and chopped onion.

This post was edited

I dunno AZ - exactly what "crap" are you referring to - please tell meLook into the ingredients of what goes in hotdogs...Just look at the label!Hot dogs are made from the emulsified meat trimmings of chicken, beef, or pork. This meat mixture is blended with other ingredients (like preservatives, spices, and coloring) into a batter-like substance. The emulsified meat is then stuffed into casings, which are typically made from processed collagen or collagen from animal intestines.I do look at the label on my hot dogs, and I don't see anything as repulsive as all that."Kosher Beef, Water, Contains 2% or Less of: Salt, Spice, Sodium Lactate, Paprika, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Garlic Powder, Sodium Diacetate, Sodium Erythorbate, Flavoring, Sodium Nitrite."And I prefer mine on a bun with horseradish mustard, sweet relish and chopped onion.

Must be Hebrew National. Check out the bargain hot dogs sometime.

This post was edited