RE:Not in your wardrobe

I am expected to wear clothing at work so I need a range of clothing for that. I haven't owned any swimwear since the last century, as we don't visit beaches where we can't be nude other than for walking and the only visits to pools are for clothing optional swims or they are at nudist venues.

@johngw - "I think some of us own sleepwear which was bought for a hospital stay and is kept at the bottom of a drawer in case it is needed again.
Ironically, when I did need it again after thirty years the fabric had rotted and I had to buy two new sets......."

The same happened with the ones I owned because I'd had to stay in hospital, a couple of years ago I discovered that they were no longer fit for purpose, such a waste of materials. I haven't replaced them, reasoning that if I have to stay there again that something like t-shirts and shorts will do if I have to wear anything. Clothing that I will wear more often in other parts of life.

This post was edited

Reviving this old thread because in my travels in Florida (prior to Covid) I have talked to several men who say they have no long slacks, only shorts. Anyone here who lives somewhere warm and doesn't have slacks?

This post was edited

We just moved from St Louis to south Florida. Brought WAAAYYY too much clothing!
I wore long pants to a job interview and for the first two days of the new job. Now I wear shorts. Dressy shorts, collared shirt, nicer sandals to church. It will cool off in January, so I'm not getting rid of long sleeves and pants just yet. But I know 90% will be disposed of next spring.

But you can wear anything you want. It is not uncommon in 90 degree heat in August to see young people wearing long blue jeans and hoodies zipped up.

This post was edited

We just moved from St Louis to south Florida. Brought WAAAYYY too much clothing!I wore long pants to a job interview and for the first two days of the new job. Now I wear shorts. Dressy shorts, collared shirt, nicer sandals to church. It will cool off in January, so I'm not getting rid of long sleeves and pants just yet. But I know 90% will be disposed of next spring.But you can wear anything you want. It is not uncommon in 90 degree heat in August to see young people wearing long blue jeans and hoodies zipped up.

I assume you mean 90% of the long sleeves and pants, not your entire clothing supply. Getting rid of that much of all of your clothing would have to wait until you retire!

This post was edited

I am expected to wear clothing at work so I need a range of clothing for that. I haven't owned any swimwear since the last century, as we don't visit beaches where we can't be nude other than for walking and the only visits to pools are for clothing optional swims or they are at nudist venues.@johngw - "I think some of us own sleepwear which was bought for a hospital stay and is kept at the bottom of a drawer in case it is needed again.Ironically, when I did need it again after thirty years the fabric had rotted and I had to buy two new sets......."The same happened with the ones I owned because I'd had to stay in hospital, a couple of years ago I discovered that they were no longer fit for purpose, such a waste of materials. I haven't replaced them, reasoning that if I have to stay there again that something like t-shirts and shorts will do if I have to wear anything. Clothing that I will wear more often in other parts of life.

When I first became a full time nude sleeper, I kept 2 pair of pajamas for the rare occasions when I had to wear something to bed for lack of privacy. I soon decided that it was easier to just wear gym shorts in those situations. Several years later, when I gave my dresser a full cleaning out, I found them buried in the bottom of one of the drawers. By that time I had forgotten that I had them. I quickly donated them to charity. Knowing I then had no sleepwear was a liberating experience, even though I hadn't worn any or even knew I had it for several years!

This post was edited

We just moved from St Louis to south Florida. Brought WAAAYYY too much clothing!I wore long pants to a job interview and for the first two days of the new job. Now I wear shorts. Dressy shorts, collared shirt, nicer sandals to church. It will cool off in January, so I'm not getting rid of long sleeves and pants just yet. But I know 90% will be disposed of next spring.But you can wear anything you want. It is not uncommon in 90 degree heat in August to see young people wearing long blue jeans and hoodies zipped up.

What kind of work do you do that allows you to wear shorts?

This post was edited

If I lived in Florida, I would only have one pair of long dress slacks. No jeans or long sleeve shirts.

This post was edited

I have not thrown out the two pairs of pyjamas which my wife bought me for a hospital stay over ten years ago.
I'm keeping them because sod's law says that if I get rid of them I will need to go into hospital again.

This post was edited

I have not thrown out the two pairs of pyjamas which my wife bought me for a hospital stay over ten years ago.I'm keeping them because sod's law says that if I get rid of them I will need to go into hospital again.

You could probably wear gym shorts if you needed to be in a hospital again. That's what I would do.

This post was edited

I have not thrown out the two pairs of pyjamas which my wife bought me for a hospital stay over ten years ago.I'm keeping them because sod's law says that if I get rid of them I will need to go into hospital again.You could probably wear gym shorts if you needed to be in a hospital again. That's what I would do.

I don't have any gym shorts.

This post was edited