Fantastic weather

Getting super nice out now. Time to get those hikes in at Sycamore, Saddle Mountain, Verde Hot Springs.

This topic was edited
RE:Fantastic weather

It's usually pretty quiet at saddle mountain. What's nice is you can see the entire area surrounding the mountain for miles as you hike. If you see another car and not comfortable you can textile up before they would ever see you.

This post was edited

It is perfect, I was at Sycamore on Friday, perfect weather. Never done Saddleback, need to know where to park and know I am in right place, any help appreciated. Thanks T

This post was edited

What was Sycamore like? From photos I've seen, the wildfire and then mud/debris flows, really changed the area. I haven't been but was planning to get there just before the fires hit.

This post was edited

Sycamore Creek is perfectly fine other than that the water flow is minimal. No signs of a fire in the parking area or along the creek to the upstream falls. Saddle Mountain is great now too -- no boondockers to speak of as yet (I was there last week; only saw one trailer and no people in sight) so you've pretty much got the place to yourself. Turn left onto W Courthouse Rd from W Salome Highway and watch for the dirt roads on the left (there are a handful). Pick one (the one with the small BLM kiosk is a good one) and drive slowly toward the mountain. Park when you don't dare to drive further (and/or you have some privacy, if there do happen to be others along the way) and start hiking :)

This post was edited