RE:Nudity and towels - Nonpublic settings

Know that you can get a bidet attachment for you toilet that uses the bolt holes for the seat and taps into the water supply for the tank. Cost for the one my wife bought was less than $50.We have one as well. The bidet portion does shorten the effective length of the seat, so they work better with an elongated seat than a round one.

This may help for those shorter seats. There are hand held sprayer Bum Gun is one name. It looks similar to a kitchen sink sprayer but with a longer handle. I have one. if you are prone to skid marks, spray the crack clean then hold the sprayer tight to the sphincter, Relax and let a cup or so of water in, then push it out. If you flush before you do this, you may be surprised at how much you could not push out the first time. I find sometimes almost nothing, but then again other times "OMG why couldn't I push that out".

This post was edited

Yes, very much so. I have many nudist friends. We all have our towels and stuff. I have a bunch of sheets that I bought that I put over the furniture when my nudist friends come over. All of us do this.

We also bring our own towels but generally, the host takes the precautions in our group.

This post was edited
Nudity and towels - Nonpublic settings

Private I always use towels when i get visitors. When invited i normally wait for the host to give a towel or when they are not having a towel for their own, i won't too. When in public settings i always take a towel or open bathrobe, at the wellness restaurant. Some resorts provide towels or beachtowels.

Personally I think it is more hygienic to have a towel. It makes me feel more comfortable,

This post was edited

Know that you can get a bidet attachment for you toilet that uses the bolt holes for the seat and taps into the water supply for the tank. Cost for the one my wife bought was less than $50.

Looked into those but too many reviews and pictures of the supply hose rupturing kept me away from them. I'm old fashioned, when running supply lines to toilets and faucets I always use solid tubing, nothing to weaken over time due to temperature exposure or pressure, once they are tightened at each end and are not leaking you're finished. A peri bottle is cheaper, doesn't have leaking problems and you can fill it with water at whatever temperature you like.

This post was edited

I'm old fashioned, when running supply lines to toilets and faucets I always use solid tubing, nothing to weaken over time due to temperature exposure or pressure, once they are tightened at each end and are not leaking you're finished.

Off topic, but interesting comment. My sister and a friend of our have both had their homes flood when solid tubing failed for their toilets. My sister said her insurance person and a plumber have both said they see solid tubing fail far more often.

This post was edited

I always use a towel even when at home.

We do too. Towels are a lot easier wash than furniture. We keep plenty of towels handy for guests however most are here to enjoy the pool deck and they bring their own beach towels. If we are the guests, we bring our own. To us, it is just common courtesy.

This post was edited

We'd gone on a trip with our circle of non nudist friends to Hawaii, just after my last post a few years ago. We checked into a Sheraton Hotel and as my wife was checking in, I went to use the lobby restroom. First thing I noticed was the warmed seat and then a remote on the wall. I did my business and decided to try it. After that first use, I was hooked and sold on these bidet toilet seats.

We have 2.5 baths in this house and now, all three toilets have a bidet seat. Not everyone uses them as intended but they do love the warm seats. My wife was not so much a fan but has grown to like it more and more over the past couple of years. Even though we ensure complete cleanliness, we still used towels on all seats, even at home. It's something we've done since we first found out it was nudist/naturist etiquette.

This post was edited

I'm old fashioned, when running supply lines to toilets and faucets I always use solid tubing, nothing to weaken over time due to temperature exposure or pressure, once they are tightened at each end and are not leaking you're finished.Off topic, but interesting comment. My sister and a friend of our have both had their homes flood when solid tubing failed for their toilets. My sister said her insurance person and a plumber have both said they see solid tubing fail far more often.

Interesting, I would have to talk to my plumber friend and call my insurance.

But again, a solid supply line from your shut off to the bottom of the toilet tank is solid brass. I have seen solid brass p-traps corrode at the bottom of the trap because of all the grey waste that goes down a kitchen and bathroom sink and as it sits in there would eat into the brass, so I always use PVC there, but a supply line to a toilet is only seeing fresh water so again the only place they would leak is if not tightened enough upon installation, which gets corrected right away. Once done that's it. If these cases were due to an amateur installing it incorrectly and not done by a professional plumber I could see that here could be the possibility of them leaking and if that's the case the insurance might not cover damage due to a repair that was not done correctly and by a licensed professional.

This post was edited

Of all the topics to be my first forum reply...

Learning about the etiquette for nudism is really interesting .

I've only enjoyed nudism in the privacy of our home and we've never hesitated to sit bare on furniture. I imagine many people who usually wear clothes have at times sat naked on their furniture. If we had friends who were nudist I wouldn't have any problem with them sitting on our furniture. There's an intimacy in that but I'd hope people to be reasonably clean. Maybe if I had experience with true nudists I'd change my tune :P

This post was edited

We always use towels except when we're wearing bathrobes and such, just to protect the furniture. As was pointed out earlier, it's easier to wash towels than to clean furniture. Our butts aren't always as clean as we think they are. According to one authority, the "boxer shorts" area is rife with coliform bacteria, which inhabit the lower intestines, and even showering won't remove them completely. So towels or clothing is certainly called for.

Of course, if you're alone, you're not going to give yourself something you don't already have. And your housemates probably have adapted to it as well. So feel free to sit down without a towel, as long as you don't mind cleaning the upholstery once in a while. But visitors may not have been acclimatized to your particular strain of nasties, and they're at risk if they go nude. So use a towel, and bring one of yours to any place you visit just in case they don't provide one.

This post was edited