Nude/Textile encounter

This is my favorite encounter. When I think of an encounter, I think of something that was unexpected. This encounter occurred some time ago but I remember it because there was no reaction to my nudity and I nearly forgot.

I was in a hotel in Little Rock, Arkansas. It was a Saturday. I did not have training to go to and I was not going to visit some friends in the area until later. I had worked out for a bit in hotel gym so I took my shower. I noticed that the cleaning lady had stocked extra towels so I did not think she would be back on a Saturday. I settled in to watch a movie on my computer. This room is slightly L shaped with the desk set around the corner out of sight from the door. I put on my nice new headphones and was oblivious to the world. Until she stepped into view. The cleaning lady was in the room.

I was not sitting right up close to the desk. I was sitting comfortably to watch a movie. So she could clearly see I was not dressed. She paused for a moment, blinked, and took a breath before asking if I had trash in the can next to the desk. Her pause should have been a clue. I stood, reached for the can and handed it to her. When she brought the can back from the hallway she asked if I would like some extra coffee for the weekend. So she went out to her cart to get some coffee. She talked to me while she continued straighten up the room. Then, she asked if there was anything else I needed. I thanked her for taking the time to get me extra coffee. She said it was her pleasure. But then she paused again like she was thinking about what or how to say something. She only said," I kind of knew already." I stood there probably looking confused. She took that moment to obviously scan her eyes down. All I could say was "oh" because, up to that point she acted like this was any other day. She explained that my room was slightly warmer and there were a few times that I left the towel on the chair. She smiled at me, a bit sheepishly, shrugged her shoulders and clearly scanned me again. Slowly turned, keeping her head turned toward me as long as she could and walked out the door.

I had crossed paths with her at other times during my stay. She was always nice as she went about her work. The only difference that day was that I was not dressed. It is a good thing she said something because I very well may have followed her out the door continuing our conversation.

I thought of this encounter when I saw this group because that was the first time that I stood completely undressed, in front of a lady, that I did not know, while she was completely dressed, not in a nudist venue, and it did not occur to me that I was nude until she pointed out. Also, she reacted as if this was just another day until the extra look at the end.

This topic was edited
RE:Nude/Textile encounter

Great story and I'll search my memory for my best such story as well. AustinJohn

This post was edited

I was camping in the Ocala National Forest in Central Florida in June. Very few other people camp in the summer because of the Florida heat and humidity, but I am a native and am used to it. Anyway, I had found a campsite that had a single jeep trail going in with a bend in the trail so you can't see the campsite from the road. I had placed a sign on the jeep trail saying "Nudist Area Today". No one could get to the campsite without seeing the sign. Shortly after I had settled in and was sitting in my lawn chair reading, I heard a female voice behind me saying "Excuse me". I looked around, and she asked "Is it ok if I bring my RV in here?" I said it would be ok, but I am camping naked. She said she had seen my sign, so she knew that already. She went back to the road to bring in her camper. When she pulled in, she got out and said she was terrible at backing the RV and could I back in over there. I got up and parked the RV for her.
After she got things settled inside, she came out of the camper in a very conservative one-piece swimsuit. She set up her lawn chair close enough to chat, but not right next to my tent. She said she had to move because at the last campsite several guys would not stop hitting on her, and that she was out there for peace and quiet, not for picking up dates. She said she knew a couple of nudists, and that they were very considerate, so she figured she had a better chance being left alone camping next to a nudist, even if it was a stranger.

This post was edited

I was camping in the Ocala National Forest in Central Florida in June. Very few other people camp in the summer because of the Florida heat and humidity, but I am a native and am used to it. Anyway, I had found a campsite that had a single jeep trail going in with a bend in the trail so you can't see the campsite from the road. I had placed a sign on the jeep trail saying "Nudist Area Today". No one could get to the campsite without seeing the sign. Shortly after I had settled in and was sitting in my lawn chair reading, I heard a female voice behind me saying "Excuse me". I looked around, and she asked "Is it ok if I bring my RV in here?" I said it would be ok, but I am camping naked. She said she had seen my sign, so she knew that already. She went back to the road to bring in her camper. When she pulled in, she got out and said she was terrible at backing the RV and could I back in over there. I got up and parked the RV for her.
After she got things settled inside, she came out of the camper in a very conservative one-piece swimsuit. She set up her lawn chair close enough to chat, but not right next to my tent. She said she had to move because at the last campsite several guys would not stop hitting on her, and that she was out there for peace and quiet, not for picking up dates. She said she knew a couple of nudists, and that they were very considerate, so she figured she had a better chance being left alone camping next to a nudist, even if it was a stranger.

This post was edited

I LOVE hearing things like this....

This post was edited

Just last week I was hiking nude on one of my favourite trails at the park across the water from our cottage. I love going there as it is always quiet, peaceful and rarely see anyone else. Plus I can kayak over there naked as well. So Im about 2km into my hike and approaching an incline.I look up and there is a woman fully clothed probably in her 30s and all alone coming down the incline towards me. She had done a quick stop, I guess shocked at seeing me nude but then continued towards me. If Id had a little more time I might have pulled my backpack off and used it as cover but it was too late for such a move.
I said hello and that I was enjoying my hike as a nudist and didnt expect to see anyone. I was expecting a negative reaction (I believe women are less tolerant of public male nudity than men are) but she was very cool and simply said, oh, no problem, enjoy as we passed each other. Its the first time Ive stayed naked while encountering another person on my naked adventures and I felt very empowered by the positive response. I will no longer be covering up for anyone at any time in future unless there are children around. Not that I think seeing naked people is bad for kids; just dont want to provoke a negative or unpleasant situation from the parents.

This post was edited

Just last week I was on the Big Island of Hawaii and was exploring an area about 200 yards from the small nude beach called Beach 67 ( its by the 67th electric pole). Anyway it is pretty common for textile campers to camp in the bluffs overlooking the ocean in the area but I was feeling a little courageous and adventurous and decided to venture out with shorts in hand and nothing but shoes on. As I came up a small steep trail from one of the lookouts I wasnt looking up yet so didnt notice a younger guy and gal in their 20s approaching me from a connecting trail on an apparent hike. So by the time I glanced up they were about 20 feet from me. It was too late to cover up so I smiled and said Oh sorry about that guys. She gave me a sheepish smile and said no problem at all and then he said the same. Then he began to tell me that I should check out some chicken eggs that hatched near by. All this time I was still naked so I said will do and headed down the trail they came from.

This post was edited

I too enjoy reading encounters like these. I have never been a person to force my nude appearance on unsuspecting textiles, but I would love it if we could just hike as we wish and not worry about the possible encounter with a textile.

This post was edited

NakedRon1, welcome to the club of those who have finally realized that most people really do not care if they see someone nude.

I had a similar encounter many years ago while out hiking on a forest service road in an area not known for nudity. It rarely happens, but since then I do not try to cover up when encountering others on the trail.

What really reinforced my belief that most people can except seeing people nude was the first time I rode in the Los Angeles World Naked Bike Ride. We only had about 100 riders and from the first moment we entered the street the reaction from drivers and pedestrians was overwhelmingly supportive.

This post was edited