Just a walk in the woods

I try to walk at least 2 miles every morning. About a mile from my house there is an access road that runs through the woods between the entrance to our community and another road about a half mile away. This gave me the opportunity to take a daily stroll naturally. Let's face it, there's not anyone moving around at 5:30 in the morning. Except one morning. I walked to the entrance of the road as I always did, stepped across the cable blocking cars from driving through, and disrobed. I rolled my clothes up and took off down the road. About half way across, I heard footsteps jogging up from the other direction. Well, too late now!! It was light enough that seeing I was nude was too easy to try to cover up. As the guy passed me he looked at me briefly, we said good morning to each other, and we each continued on our way. I glanced back once, but he continued on as if nothing had happened, and so did I. It didn't keep from my daily nature walk, but I never did see him again. Of course, about two months later I heard a pack of coyotes when getting close to the road, and haven't been back there since. Really too bad as that was the only place close to go natural outdoors.

This topic was edited
RE:Just a walk in the woods

Great story and experience! I've done a lot of those dark-time nude walks near my home. We've got plenty of coyotes, bobcats, deer, and even the occasional loose horse or mule wandering around. I wouldn't worry about the coyotes, they really don't mind nudity!

Jokes aside, I've come face-to-snout with an awful lot of coyotes in the wild, and in my yard. Every one of them has either run away immediately, or hung their head and slunk away, like they expected me to beat them. As long as you don't corner them, or get between them and pups or food, they're almost never aggressive. The exception would be if one was rabid, but in that slim chance, it wouldn't be running and singing with a pack. You're far more likely to trip over that cable and skin your knee, than to be attacked by coyotes.

This post was edited
RE:Just a walk in the woods

There is a wildlife management area near my house. During the Summer months, there is no hunting and it is open for hiking and camping by permit. There's only one designated camping area, so if you have a permit, no one else will be camping there. You can't drive in during that time of year, so I backpack to the campsite. There is a network of trails, and I usually set up camp, then take short hikes with a light pack.
One time while hiking, I heard a rattle behind me, and when I looked back a bicycle was passing me on the trail. The rider said "nice morning", and I said "yep". and he pedaled on without looking back. About 20 minutes later, he came back the same route. He just nodded as he passed.

This post was edited