Resort Staff: Nude or Clothed

On my thread about checking in, there have been a few comments about the check in staff being nude.
For those of you who have been to multiple resorts, how common is this?

This topic was edited
RE:Resort Staff: Nude or Clothed

Been to two "resorts". One in Mexico, Hidden Beach. This is a great resort where you can even go to dinner nude. The staff is always fully dressed.

At Hedo in Jamaica, the staff is always dressed and you have to wear clothes to dinner. Many people wear mesh clothing which is allowed, but you have to cover up with something.

At the small "campground" resort we frequent, most of the staff is nude.

This post was edited

Of the 3 resorts we have visited, the only time I have seen the staff with clothing is if the weather is off. Even then it was only a shirt.

This post was edited

Here's my experience:

Harbin Hot Springs: Because the office is on a public road, the office staff is clothed because anybody can drive up and enter the office.

Sequoians: The staff is usually nude.

Willamattans: When I was there, the office staff was clothed, although access to the resort was controlled by a remotely operated gate.

Laguna Del Sol: The office staff is clothed. While it's on private property, there's always the possibility of some random person going into the office from the (clothed) parking lot, and I think that the policy is part of keeping the peace with locals.

This post was edited

Of the 3 resorts we have visited, the only time I have seen the staff with clothing is if the weather is off. Even then it was only a shirt.

Which resorts were these?
Are they nudity required or clothing optional?

This post was edited

We have stayed at the former Club Orient, Cypress Cove, Caliente and a campground in Upstate New York. We have never seen staff at any of these places nude.

This post was edited

The smaller, more rustic resorts are more likely to have staff that are members/managers; and therefore more likely to be nude. At the bigger resorts they are usually actual employees; and employment regulations might prevent them from having to work naked.

It can make a difference. For newbies, interacting with a naked person right off the bat, on their first visit, can be off-putting. But for experienced nudists, it can make for a more pleasant resort experience.

This post was edited

The smaller, more rustic resorts are more likely to have staff that are members/managers; and therefore more likely to be nude. At the bigger resorts they are usually actual employees; and employment regulations might prevent them from having to work naked.It can make a difference. For newbies, interacting with a naked person right off the bat, on their first visit, can be off-putting. But for experienced nudists, it can make for a more pleasant resort experience.

I can understand how requiring employees to work nude could be a problem, but I don's see how giving the option to do so would.

This post was edited

It can make a difference. For newbies, interacting with a naked person right off the bat, on their first visit, can be off-putting. But for experienced nudists, it can make for a more pleasant resort experience.

On the other hand, it may also help the newcomer to feel more at ease with the new experience they are about to encounter.

This post was edited

We've visited many, many clubs and resorts, here in the US and in the Caribbean and Europe. As Nudony stated, the smaller clubs and resorts, the staff might be nude but there are some staff members that are not. Some non nudist staff members may be okay with working at a clothing optional venue, but want no part of taking their clothes off. They may partake in casual nudity at home but don't consider themselves nudists nor do they want to work nude, even if given the opportunity.

At our club, the office staff is usually covered. Their reasons are that they interact with the general public and service vendors all day long; FedEx, UPS, USPS, propane/waste management/contractors, repair services. Many are nudists and live on the club property but don't want to make these outside people feel uncomfortable.

Some of the larger resorts we've visited have employed people with specific hotel services skills; front desk management, reservations, concierge, landscape management, property management. Some, if not the majority, seem to be hired for their expertise in keep the place operating properly and not because they are nudists.

The only issue I have with these people is if they look at me funny, with a raised eyebrow or say something inappropriate about me and Di being naked inside a nudist environment. Some of these staff people think that you should only be naked around the pool and in your room! hahaha

This post was edited

On the other hand, it may also help the newcomer to feel more at ease with the new experience they are about to encounter.

That is also true. I had a chat with a newbie couple on my last resort trip; and the young lady said that seeing the woman at check-in naked actually motivated her to be naked too. So they walked back to their car, got naked; and then checked in. It made sense to her that her first interaction and introduction to nudism would be done nude. I guess it all depends on where people are at in terms to actually wanting to be "all in" as regards to social nudity.

At our club, the office staff is usually covered. Their reasons are that they interact with the general public and service vendors all day long; FedEx, UPS, USPS, propane/waste management/contractors, repair services. Many are nudists and live on the club property but don't want to make these outside people feel uncomfortable.

I've heard that one too. And I can understand it. At Bell Acres, under their previous management, the lady at the front desk would always wear a sarong. After I got to know her, I asked her why. And the reason she gave me was precisely what Andy said; plus the fact that the A/C in the office was very strong, and she would get cold. But if they were enough naked people in the office socializing; she would step from behind the counter, leave her sarong behind; and have a chat naked.

This post was edited