RE:Mastercard compliance and Media uploads

My post is gone too!

This post was edited

My comments were a follow-up to FreeLee's. They are ALSO gone. Let's see if THIS one remains!

This post was edited

At the bottom of the page is the following:

"This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookies
We use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy"

What exactly are Google Analytics:

Google Analytics is used to track website activity such as session duration, pages per session, bounce rate etc. of individuals using the site, along with the information on the source of the traffic.

Can Google Analytics Identify you:

Google Analytics can provide some information on who is visiting your website via the Network Report. The Google Analytics Network Report stores Service Provider data to show which service provider visitors are using to access your site.

How does Google Analytics Work?

Simply put, Google Analytics puts several lines of tracking code into the code of your website. The code records various activities of your users when they visit your website, along with the attributes (such as age, gender, interests) of those users. It then sends all that information to the GA (Google Analytics) server once the user exits your website.

Next, Google Analytics aggregates the data collected from your website in multiple ways, primarily by four levels:

User level (related to actions by each user)
Session level (each individual visit)
Pageview level (each individual page visited)
Event level (button clicks, video views, etc)

The bottom line with all of this is that if you want to share your personal information knowing that it is NOT safe or protected, then go right ahead. Others who value their individual privacy and resent other sites from either directly or indirectly (through third parties) selling your information to make money from your personal information, then go right ahead and share anything and everything.

This post was edited

At the bottom of the page is the following:"This site is only available to users 18 and over and we use cookiesWe use cookies for functionality, social media, and google analytics. To view our cookie policy please view Our Cookie Policy"What exactly are Google Analytics:Google Analytics is used to track website activity such as session duration, pages per session, bounce rate etc. of individuals using the site, along with the information on the source of the traffic.Can Google Analytics Identify you:Google Analytics can provide some information on who is visiting your website via the Network Report. The Google Analytics Network Report stores Service Provider data to show which service provider visitors are using to access your site.How does Google Analytics Work?Simply put, Google Analytics puts several lines of tracking code into the code of your website. The code records various activities of your users when they visit your website, along with the attributes (such as age, gender, interests) of those users. It then sends all that information to the GA (Google Analytics) server once the user exits your website.Next, Google Analytics aggregates the data collected from your website in multiple ways, primarily by four levels:User level (related to actions by each user)Session level (each individual visit)Pageview level (each individual page visited)Event level (button clicks, video views, etc)The bottom line with all of this is that if you want to share your personal information knowing that it is NOT safe or protected, then go right ahead. Others who value their individual privacy and resent other sites from either directly or indirectly (through third parties) selling your information to make money from your personal information, then go right ahead and share anything and everything.

I still go back the fact that it is highly likely, almost certain, that this site has been using such tools for quite some time. And the only difference now is that there is a message telling you that they are doing it and you accept that fact.
EU Law actually states that a website must to this when you access it for the first time, and should offer you the chance to configure what types of cookies etc you agree to accept. I dont think the site actually meets EU Law in that regards despite the number of members it has there.
Dont like it then use private browsing mode, a vpn and disable cross platform tracking on those devices that support it.
Also surprised that the 18+/certified criteria is only being applied to posting material. Many regions would restrict the viewing to 18+ because of the nudity content. And you can actually access/view a lot of this site without actually agreeing that you are 18+/agree to the cookies.
Sorry for those of you who dont like it but I can only see things getting stricter as we move forward on this site and others. It isnt the site owners who want to do this. It is countries legal systems that are imposing it. And that is driven by the abuse of the internet and social media by a minority of users.

This post was edited

I still go back the fact that it is highly likely, almost certain, that this site has been using such tools for quite some time.

I agree. The point that I was making is that the site owner has the option to use or not use first party user information but not using this information does not mean that user information will still not be gathered and used by a third party. Users are still at risk regardless of what site owners do. In addition, what is driving this trend towards more restrictions and the gathering of more information is what Google Analytics (the worlds largest data gathering system) sees as an opportunity to make money. Money is the real driver behind most things in life. Alleged deviant and abusive behavior really does not enter into the picture as to the reason why more information gathering is required. What has also changed ( as you say) are the recent law changes that require sites to inform users that their personal information is being gathered and then allow them to make the decision if they want to freely give up their information. This trend will only continue to get worse until the point is reached when sites deemed not worthy of meeting pure and innocent societal standards will be put out of business. The handwriting unfortunately is on the wall for sites like this and it will only be a matter of time before the inevitable occurs.

This post was edited

I wish this website will be improved over time. I got certified even I'm not going to post my nude pictures. Just to let people know I'm a real person and bring some trust to a profile.

This post was edited

There's some really good info here. Also, I'd like to add there are a number of browser addons that can be used which serves to block non essential trackers (among other undesirables) depending on your browser of choice which you can get. examples: ghostery, or ublock/ublock origin.

This post was edited

The new rules/systems obviously have holes in them. Just got a profile like from an account thats as only a few hours old, not certified but had a profile pic. Thought you werent meant to be able to upload media unless you were certified.

This post was edited

Can uncertified people still upload less explicit photos? I assume that's how a fake profile can have a profile pic - just has to be facebook-legal.

This post was edited

Ya, right before I got myself certified through the new system (missed getting it done successfully the old way by a day it seems lol), the upload section correctly warned me I couldn't upload nude photos until I was verified 18+, but it also gave an option that would allow me to upload, but with the warning that only non nude photos would be accepted.

This post was edited