Introducing Catholics into the World of Nudism.

I am always attempting to introduce textiles into the world of nudism. When speaking to someone who happens to be Catholic, they often will say that the Church forbids it and it is a sin. As Catholics and nudists, we know that this is not the case and it is likely "Catholic Guilt" again rearing its ugly head. I often present these skeptics with articles written by St. Pope John Paul II. In my years as a nudist, I have known of several women who were once living in a Convent and are now out and have adopted the nudist lifestyle. I also know of at least one active Catholic Priest who is an active nudist. After saying his last Mass on Sunday, he will often go to a nudist resort to spend the rest of the day.
I would like to find present or past Religious individuals who are nudists and can suggest ideas or ways to ease the minds of reluctant Catholics, to at least give nudism a try. If you are such a person or knows someone who fits this description, please contact me. You can contact me here or through my profile. Thank you and remember Stay Nude, and Stay Happy. My profile is listed as DesertRat.

This topic was edited
RE:Introducing Catholics into the World of Nudism.

is this it?
Pope John Paul IIs
Theology of the Body
https://www.jp2.info/Theology_of_the_Body.pdf

This post was edited

desert rat in a question "and you trust him around naked boys or young men . ?? your toooooooo trusting... !!

This post was edited

Well, you have these predators in the Catholic Church, and the Mormon Church, and the Boy Scouts, and in just about every totalitarian society where people have power over other people, and secrets are kept about what they do with that power. But that doesn't mean that every person in a position of power succumbs to the temptation of misusing that power. In fact, the vast majority of them don't.

The problem comes when the administrative parts of these organizations try to hide the activities, and fail to take steps to prevent it. It's an abuse of the faith that people have in the organizations that needs correcting.

This post was edited

The problem comes when the administrative parts of these organizations try to hide the activities, and fail to take steps to prevent it. It's an abuse of the faith that people have in the organizations that needs correcting.

I'm not Roman Catholic but I am an Eagle Scout and agree with your statement. Not once as a scout or an adult scout leader over 20 years was I persoanally aware of any sexual or other abuse. However, in 1980 the Boy Scouts of America BSA fought the right to discriminate all the way to the Supreme Court and won. It struck me as wrong, cowardly and unjust because the lawsuit was against a group of people rather than any specific behaviors. In the Scout Law, a Scout is kind and brave. When I learned how BSA had maintained a strong policy over many years to protect child abusers within their ranks, everything that Scouting stood for in getting my Eagle rank disappeared, turning my medal into a bubble gum machine trinket. What were they thinking - that child abuse by married, heterosexual church-going suburbanites in their own ranks is somehow acceptable or respectable? They fell to the notion that they could file away abuse and immorality and somehow maintain their moral authority. I too have lost all my respect and concern for their survival.

This post was edited

Has there ever been a Catholic service or gathering that could be attended nude?...I have seen on you tube where there have been nudist services attended by a nudist congregation with a nudist minister...I wonder has there ever been such a Catholic Mass or service?

This post was edited

I am a cradle Catholic and a nudist . I have never read or heard of the Churchs view on nudity. I guess I could google this topic, but it is foreign to me. I have heard of Priests who are alcoholic, but do not know any personally who abused children .

This post was edited

I am a cradle Catholic and a nudist . I have never read or heard of the Churchs view on nudity. I guess I could google this topic, but it is foreign to me. I have heard of Priests who are alcoholic, but do not know any personally who abused children .

This post was edited

Unfortunately I do. My pastor was the first priest charged with taking minors across state lines to "meet" other priests. I knew 2 of the victims. All were 16 or 17 at the time.

This post was edited

I also know of at least one active Catholic Priest who is an active nudist.
I also know a Priest who is a nudist.
I would like to find present or past Religious individuals who are nudists and can suggest ideas or ways to ease the minds of reluctant Catholics, to at least give nudism a try.There are two books that address the Bible and nudism. Both of them draw the same conclusion: If you have a problem with nudity, you're the problem, not nudity.

That Famous Fig Leaf

Christian Body

I own copies of and have read both of the books listed above.

While getting the links to those books, I found a third book that also looks good. I'm going to order it right now.

Uncovering the Image

This post was edited