RE:Mastercard compliance and Media uploads

Technically GDPR is a bit grey in this area - because TN is using a .COM suffix and charges in $ it's not marketing to the European market but it's Europeans using a US-based service, therefore GDPR doesn't apply. In just the same way that going into a US department store and spending money would be out of scope of GDPR.

That said, various US states have privacy laws coming into effect; Californian law (CCPA) talks very much about residents of California, and the other state laws are very much focused on the right of the corporate to use personal data rather than CCPA focusing on the rights of the individual to own their data.

But yes, opting out of tracking & marketing cookies is best practise wherever you're based.

Privacy is a minefield !

This post was edited

Technically GDPR is a bit grey in this area - because TN is using a .COM suffix and charges in $ it's not marketing to the European market but it's Europeans using a US-based service, therefore GDPR doesn't apply. In just the same way that going into a US department store and spending money would be out of scope of GDPR.That said, various US states have privacy laws coming into effect; Californian law (CCPA) talks very much about residents of California, and the other state laws are very much focused on the right of the corporate to use personal data rather than CCPA focusing on the rights of the individual to own their data.But yes, opting out of tracking & marketing cookies is best practise wherever you're based.Privacy is a minefield !

GDPR does apply if EU citizens access the site. Any number of smaller websites started blocking EU residents when the rules were introduced because they didnt want to comply with the rules. The .com website address has nothing to do with it. The currency a service charges in is irrelevant as is the country it is hosted in.
It is the fact that an EU resident has signed up for your service and given you an email address that is the deciding factor. Once they have done that then the website is storing data belonging to an EU citizen and they have to comply.
GDPR includes the right for users to easily request that all their data and media are deleted from the systems if they ask for it to be. Something, based on what I have heard, TT would struggle to comply with.

This post was edited

Perhaps I should have said GDPR would apply if a .co.uk or .fr or .de website rather than using a .com.

The point is that we are seeking them out and not them targeting us. Therefore, we're "coincidental" users of the system and their system is run according to US law and the enforcement of GDPR outside of the EU is never going to be easy in this situation.

Caveat emptor

This post was edited

The problem with most if not all websites today is the complete lack of trust by most people. Website statistics can be easily manipulated and actual statistics can be whatever a person chooses them to be based upon playing with the definitions of words. For example, who or what is considered a 'member'? Is a member an active or participating person who regularly visits the site and contributes something (photos, posts, chat) at least once a week, month, year, decade? Is a member anyone who has either visited or joined a site since it's inception which basically means that someone may have visited or joined a site 20 years ago and has not been back since?

Higher membership and visit counts certainly can lead to higher revenue but unless the numbers are a true and accurate reflection of an honest and upfront definition of what is exactly considered a member or visitor, then the numbers and claims are meaningless.

Is it any wonder why there is so much distrust and skepticism in today's world when people are constantly lied to and manipulated to meet site revenue goals. No wonder most people do not want to give away personal information. How can they ever trust anyone when that trust is never really earned by so many on line sites that claim astounding membership numbers only to serve their own purpose of generating more advertising revenue by fudging membership numbers at the expense of their real member's trust.

This post was edited

Perhaps I should have said GDPR would apply if a .co.uk or .fr or .de website rather than using a .com.The point is that we are seeking them out and not them targeting us. Therefore, we're "coincidental" users of the system and their system is run according to US law and the enforcement of GDPR outside of the EU is never going to be easy in this situation.Caveat emptor

No the website address be it .com , .co.uk, .fr or whatever has nothing to do with it. GDPR is triggered once you store an EU users details in any form however limited. There are numerous guides for US websites/online services that state exactly that.
It might not be easy to enforce if there isnt a legal entity in the EU but that doesnt mean the requirement isnt there.

This post was edited

I am sorry, but I am still remaining uncertified. Holding a piece of paper while in my birthday suit seems a far cry from proving I or anyone else is a truly committed nudist. NOT ENOUGH ACTIVITY OCCURS HERE TO WARRANT "CERTIFICATION." I feel like I am sunning in the middle of the Mohave desert. By my self. Alone. I understand you want to make a buck and if this was the rocking party its made out to be I would be all in, but it hasn't been.

Do you know how many interesting profiles I have come by that have not been here in years? Please consider giving some thought to making this an active place. That might warrant an increased income stream.

This post was edited

I certified under the old system, primarily as a way of legitimising my profile, but I'm not sure that makes that much of a difference. I probably wouldn't have done so under the new system.

GDPR is designed to impact any website that holds the personal data of European citizens regardless of where it is based. How it would be enforced is another matter.

This post was edited

I must agree with you on the *certification* requirement of the new system. I would not do so either. Our administrators do not appear to pursue extra efforts to maintain the site; I suspect identity / confidentiality would have the same priority. We will see how it goes.

This post was edited

As was mentioned in the chat room and relayed to me as I don't go to the chat room: You would be sending your personal information to moderators who would be able to do anything that they wish with your information. Given the past history here, there are obviously no rules of conduct for moderators and so the moderators can do just about anything they want. Are these the kinds of people that you really want to send your personal information to?

Then again the actions of far too many members here are anything but genuine nudism. Some will do anything to be able to post naked photos of themselves including selling their own grandparents if needed to be able to post their photos. Given the number of scammers, fakes, and frauds who keep coming here it is obvious that there are many easy pickings here who can easily be scammed into giving away their money. It is all one big game where some will lose their information and then suffer big time as they take years to fix the enormous mess that was created for them.

This post was edited

This is going to be the kiss of death to this site. Who would actually be comfortable scanning their photo licence and sending it to a site on the other side of the world? The thought of identity theft comes to mind straight away. For those who think it will prevent fake accounts, all the fake accounts that spam don't have nude photos anyway.
It's a timely point of discussion, because just last week I wanted to introduce a friend to this site, and we had photos ready to upload, including his verified member printout. Soon as we discovered the photo licence requirement, that was the end of that. One less potential member.

This post was edited