Welcome

Hi, I created this group for people who would like to talk about how nudism has affected how they see themselves. I'd love to hear your stories particularly if it has helped you with self-confidence or self-acceptance. I didn't really like my body before I started spending time naked outside and I've always been quite a confident person but now I am free of the fear of 'being seen' when not at my best or when I am having a raw human moment. I've put up a few selfies to get our photo sharing started and I've added a few notes to each one sharing what I see in the picture or felt at the time. This reflects my introspective self-awareness, how I see myself. I welcome you to share what you see (non-sexual please) to help me build my relational self-awareness, understanding what others see in me, and if you would like to share your own photos we can all do this for each other :-)

This topic was edited
RE:Welcome

Honestly, I'm still learning more about the practice with other nudists. But telling a little bit of my story, I started nudism without even knowing what it was, in my adolescence I accidentally came across my swimming teacher at the time naked changing my clothes to start the class, because of my age I didn't think about anything sexual , but it woke me up to the feeling of experiencing being naked and it was so liberating.
As time went by, practicing alone in my room, I ended up liking myself more, before a feeling that I didn't feel well, I felt ugly was passing away, and I learned to like it more in my own way. I think nudism helped me a lot to accept myself, and I hope that's the way it is with other people. I haven't gotten to practice with other people yet, or in an open place, but I hope to get to that moment, for now socializing with the people in the chat is helping me a lot to know more about the practice, in addition to encouraging me more and more to seek a nudist spot.

This post was edited

thank you for sharing :-) it is a lovely story of realisation, to learn that you enjoy being naked and that you can learn to just accept yourself as you are in that state, simple yet powerful. I know on the site here quite a bit of emphasis is placed on being socially nude, as in being naked with others you are physically present with, however I think the journey of self-awareness and self-acceptance, however private, is the more crucial aspect - would you agree?

This post was edited

@Simone_b_free Thank you for putting this group together! Hopefully It can provide meaningful conversation for each of our members.

This post was edited

I started thinking about a quote by Nikos Kazantzakis (possibly best known for Zorba the Greek) that seemed to be relevant here: I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free. Hoping for nothing, perhaps covers the "not at my best" aspect - not worrying about it being a bad hair day, or wishing that you'd done a bit more exercise. The fear part covers being seen, and even seeing yourself. It sounds to me as if it's simply about being open and honest with yourself as much as anyone else. I've since found another quote from the same author: Since we cannot change reality, let us change the eyes which see reality.

This post was edited

Thankyou Simone. I have found that being able to be nude out in public has made me a calmer person. My beach is my happy place where I go to unwind and relax and we have a great little friendship group there.

This post was edited

I just joined this group to see what it's all about, we have been nudist since the early 80's on our boat and with friends in Alaska, we are looking for friends local to the Spokane area to share our secluded property with.

This post was edited

Exactly, I believe that nudism itself the best advantage is the high acceptance, of being able to feel good about yourself, feeling beautiful. Many people believe that they have gone through the stage of not accepting or being sad thinking that a part of the body is bad.

This post was edited

@Simone_b_free Thank you for putting this group together! Hopefully It can provide meaningful conversation for each of our members.

Jock great to have you moderating with Simone. Thanks

This post was edited

Being out nude is only a small part of my life but it is certainly carefree. I'm happy if I can get to the beach once a week. Once there, whether walking the shoreline, laying out or paddling in the water, it is certainly relaxing. Just a nice time surrounded by others in the same groove. There is definitely a greater feeling of acceptance and community than at a textile beach. The only thing that perhaps comes close is if I can get a chance to go out on the kayak, but then I'm also doing that night is I get half a chance!

This post was edited

Jock great to have you moderating with Simone. Thanks
@RosewoodXIX - I am honored to do so with her, My role as co-moderator will be to keep this group true to the principles and parameters by which she established this group. This will free her up from having to do so allowing her to concentrate on her self-expression and response to comments and posts here. I will "vet" those who ask to join this group admitting those who appear to meet the group's parameters and deleting those who do not. Members who violate the group's principles will be removed without notice. Our goal as co-moderators is to make this group very meaningful, respectful and informative to all members. Participation by each member is the key - each in their own way - through posts and comments, by meaningful photos with pertinent accompanying text or both. it is up to the individual member.

This post was edited