RE:Where were you in *72?

Mc. .. you mention the Jackson 5; I remember all the cutie girls ( beauty queens are far as this nerd thought) running around singing * Rockin Robin * and swinging there hips and arms. It was like a fun side show for them but I did enjoy the scenery!! =)

This post was edited

They did make the girls swoon and we were trying to mimic their dance moves so that the girls would swoon over us. It didnt work Maybe it was the singing :-?

This post was edited

It seems we remember more from '72 than we remember from 2020 or 2021 !! It was an important year for sure. The car sitting in our garage right now is the same car I drove in '72 !! Sure would nice to have known then what we know now.

This post was edited

Getting my ass blistered for leaving the yard. Just like shampoo rinse and repeat. Get heated up by dad the next day again. Doobie Brothers playing on the radio for sure and dad yelling to turn that noise down.
Gee he was not so much fun come to think about it! Hey it all worked out for #2 son, he is a professional touring rock drummer and I am the one that set him up at a very early age with my large PA equipment.
Guess I am a bit more fun !

This post was edited

Rock on!!! And enjoy it while your at it. Get in your truck, put on some good tunes and jam .. I had more fun doing that than just about anything.

This post was edited

It seems we remember more from '72 than we remember from 2020 or 2021 !! It was an important year for sure. The car sitting in our garage right now is the same car I drove in '72 !! Sure would nice to have known then what we know now.Yes. As a friend said yesterday - " We can't remember what just happened but we can from years ago".

Please don't ask me what we were talking about for them to say that!

This post was edited

@John 916, you stated:The Hodaka Super Rat 100 I rode was not competitive but taught me that technique and perseverance could get me on the podium anyway./quote]
I had a Hodaka 100 during the years 1969 - 1970. Yes, it was not comepetitive but definitely was fun for trail riding which is what i did. I did not take it on the road except for one very short time. Interesting to know that someone else besides myself had a Hodaka 100 motorcycle.

This post was edited

I was in college and loving life.

This post was edited

I remember watching those tragic events of the Olympics unfold on live TV at work. As a direct result of the botched rescue attempt, the GSG-9 was formed.

This post was edited

Considering I was born in May of 69 I dont have any recollections of what yall are talking about but do like learning about the past, sorry for being the baby in the topic.

This post was edited