First hostel experience in Germany

When I was 17yo I was an exchange student to Germany from the USA. The first night I spent in a hostel by the airport before my flight to Berlin the next day. I was used to same gender nudity, but not with German or European standards.
I also by that age was always a nude sleeper. When it was time for bed, in a bunk filled room, I looked about to get the 'feeling' for the other occupants. My surprise was that nearly all of the guys, and a variety of ages, went to shower and came back in just a towel, then into bed fully nude. I was so relieved to be able to do the same. In the morning some of them were exposed because they had wrestled their cover sheets during the night. no one seemed to care.
That was the summer that I defined myself as a true social nudist. European standards gave me such an insight into other cultures and myself.

This topic was edited
RE:First hostel experience in Germany

Great experiences and interesting to know for we who have not had the privilege.

This post was edited

Lived in Germany for 3 years but never stayed in a hostel

This post was edited

cool

This post was edited

It's common (for the most) in Germany to stay naked in public shower at swimming hall or fitness studio or being nude without towel at the sauna.

This post was edited