Does anyone regularly check their security camera footage?

There's a number of members who have gone for a late-night walk around the streets, whether recently or in the past. I feel it's different now since so many houses now have security cameras fitted.

But perhaps no one ever checks them. Would a clandestine walk be discovered by dedicated camera reviewers in these times?

This topic was edited
RE:Does anyone regularly check their security camera footage?

Most current camera systems like Ring and Nest have a mode that only records clips when motion is detected, and also allow you to set trigger zones so passer by on the street wont trigger something. So it is quite possible you arent being recorded even if going past properties with cameras.
But as previous post says recordings will probably only be checked if there is an incident. The only times I check mine are if it reports an event at an unexpected time, Eg middle of the night, or when a delivery company says they have delivered something and they havent.

This post was edited

Im almost certain my neighbor has a game camera as he has a deer stand in his front yard. I just stay away from the areas that may be in range of a camera. I havent had any complaints yet.

This post was edited

Cameras are only ever checked if there is an incident.

It's also possible that some check their cameras each day to see if anyone had been lurking around outside last night unnoticed.

This post was edited

If you are an urban dweller, it might seem odd but down here it is not unexpected. I regularly have deer tracks in my yard and the road out front. They, along with the rabbits, foxes, coyotes, possums, raccoons and the neighborhood bear are all regulars. We are out in the woods (obviously), I do not know the last time we had a capital offense and I know of *zero* accidental shootings. I hear shooting multiple times on the weekends; it is target practice and sighting in weapons for hunting season..no one runs for cover. By the way, my yard at 6 acres is one of the smaller ones; we will all be fine.

This post was edited

Oops, I forgot to mention the purpose of a stand; you are shooting a downward trajectory so the round makes relatively quick contact with the ground. It is pretty much standard practice.

This post was edited

We've got no cameras, but our front verandah light have an IR sensor wired into the circuit. The sensor is aimed such that it only activates once you enter the block and not a moment before. Plenty of others point at the street going by where you are when you trigger them.

This post was edited

The home camera thing is starting to catch on here in Australia. More so in the major cities of Sydney and Melbourne from what I can work out.

Living here in Brisbane I make regular walks (clothed) in the day time to scope for my nude walk at night. Its the last thing you need here, with nudity being illegal and folks loving posting stuff on social media....

That's neighbourhood walks at night though - I also want to do a nude walk in the local bushland in the day time. I am concerned the Council have installed cameras in the trees so they can spot bushfires when they start. Little harder to scope for these cameras though - so many trees!

This post was edited

I have a Ring video doorbell but I do not check the videos all the time because sometimes just the position of the sun will set it off. The night vision is only ok. If you are taking late night nude walks in the street it would not be a good enough video to identify you.

I am tempted to try this next summer but what is the safest time when everyone is asleep? 3 AM on a weeknight?

This post was edited