****DESTRUCTION AT PLAYALINDA **** :(

Pics and a video from today at lot 13. It was sad to see what mother nature has done.

https://u.pcloud.link/publink/show?code=kZJ1jUXZhh8lRaDRswfAcqCUloXrXjSxFOAy

Pics were taken 4 hours after high tide and still no beach to use. The only way to get down to the beach, what is left is the stairs at 13 but the ramp is damaged and the extended ramp at end of road is half gone. On Friday is was half covered by sand but now that part is no longer there. The dunes are half gone. There is water around bathroom at lot 13 that you can't get to them without wading thru water. They have closed lots 9 thru 12 and all ramps are damaged. The road between 10 and 11 has now a sand pile you have to drive over and road is half covered in water.

Worse that I've seen it in ages...

This topic was edited
RE:****DESTRUCTION AT PLAYALINDA **** :(

This is devastatingly sad! It was such a convenient & beautiful beach. I hope that there are plans in the works for its restoration. It holds a lot of meaning for me. Playalinda Beach contains the "Magic Portal" through which I passed to experience my first socially nude encounter; resulting in a positive & fulfilling change in my life. Does anyone know if the sister Beach, Apollo Beach, just north of Playalinda also suffered storm damage?

This post was edited

Went to Playalinda this morning, Saturday, 11/14. Crossovers 8, 10, 11 and 12 are closed and impassable. Boardwalks look OK from the parking lot side, but are totally trashed or missing on the beach side. All other crossovers are pretty much normal, except 13 ramp is closed, - must use the stairs. It is obvious that tides over-ran the dunes in most places and even deposited a small sandbar on the road in, (since cleared). The beaches have a different look, perhaps not as wide, buy maybe too soon to tell, - Nature is constant change. Everyone I spoke with was surprised by the amount of destruction caused by this storm, - not even a hurricane, but Playalinda will survive. By noon the parking lot was full and folks cruising for an opening, - situation normal. Stay naked, stay happy!

This post was edited

Any updates? Is repair under way, especially for the nude areas? Thinking of going down sometime in January/February for the first time

This post was edited