RE:Winter Dilemma

Here in the southwestern US the winter days are milder than most but the nights may be below freezing. I found that wearing a warm bath robe loosely while on the patio or sometimes in the house is a great problem solver.

This post was edited

I add clothing in the order in which the body parts get cold.
Shorts first, then socks or slippers, then a shirt.
Long slacks are a last resort and I rarely wear them at home, even in winter!

This post was edited

I add clothing in the order in which the body parts get cold.Shorts first, then socks or slippers, then a shirt.
For me first a shirt. I am getting cold on the upper body. Or maybe the socks if the floor ist cold. Wearing shorts is a social convention. I only wear them if neighbours can look into my rooom or on my balcony but not because of the cold. Slippers I only need to go into the cellar.

This post was edited

I too wear clothes as the weather dictates. First will be a shirt or even a sweatshirt, I always wear slippers at home and usually won't wear shorts unless I have someone coming over who isn't comfortable with my being nude. My house has poor insulation so I often wear sweatpants when at my computer.

This post was edited

I live near Springfield MO. As far as I can tell, we don't have winter here. Well, there may be a week (maybe two) during which it gets cold.

I wear a t-shirt and basketball shorts all year long. I only wear shoes when conditions are truly hazardous -- which, essentially never happens. My thought is, if it's possible to survive the vacuum of space for 30 seconds, then you can survive walking from your car to the store (which is heated) in 45 seconds.

If I worked outside, that would be entirely different.

My floors are entirely ceramic tile and they do sometimes get quite cold -- to the point that my feet go numb. I knitted myself a pair of wool socks -- which I wear when my floors are very cold.

This post was edited

I add clothing in the order in which the body parts get cold.Shorts first, then socks or slippers, then a shirt.For me first a shirt. I am getting cold on the upper body. Or maybe the socks if the floor ist cold. Wearing shorts is a social convention. I only wear them if neighbours can look into my rooom or on my balcony but not because of the cold. Slippers I only need to go into the cellar.

I guess I am odd, but my butt gets cold first, my feet second, and my chest and shoulders last.

This post was edited

so bad I cann't tolerate cold at all. I dislike this season: the trees get naked but I need to wear cloth

This post was edited

Throw another log on the fire. Otherwise, take advantage on some low airfares to Florida. $30 one way.

This post was edited

I temd to remain naked until SWMBO tells me I'm looking cold at which point I slip on a track suit s It's not worth the hassle of arguing the point.

This post was edited

Throw another log on the fire. Otherwise, take advantage on some low airfares to Florida. $30 one way.

From Allentown?
What airline?
Might be worth looking into.
I'm only about an hour and a half away.

This post was edited