Legal Issues of being nude while services (cable company/plumbing/HVAC) are being provided for you

My fellow nudist,

I have been a member on and off for 12 years, recently I have been socializing in the chatroom with other nudist like myself who have practice the lifestyle at home. I had a situation where I was caught naked by my maintenance because of miscommunication between me and leasing office that brought to my attention to this topic. Is it ethical to be nude when a third/second party that is provided services in your home?

I have communicated to various nudist with different background on the subject, some was very strongly against it. They believe I shouldn't force my lifestyle onto someone that is provided services into my home because I would like to continue getting services through them and keep the professionalism. I have come across some nudist believe it's their right in the own home to be comfortable in their own skin when services is being provided for them. They have shared stories of their experience and no retaliation has happened before.

I want to hear your opinion on the subject and if you ever had services been done in your home while you are in a nude or you have quickly put on clothes while they provided services.

**Services meaning various services like cable company, plumbing, maintenance or Heating/AC services had to come to your to fix something in your home.

This topic was edited
RE:Legal Issues of being nude while services (cable company/plumbing/HVAC) are being provided for you

I am not intentionally nude for service providers. I generally wear shorts, but occasionally just a towel. I never bother with a shirt for these people in warm weather,
I have been caught twice by a meter reader and once by our pool serviceman when I didn't expect them.
I suspect that in both of those jobs, occasionally seeing nude customers is an occupational hazard (or fringe benefit).

This post was edited
RE:Legal Issues of being nude while services (cable company/plumbing/HVAC) are being provided for you

You need to let them know you're a nudist and prefer to live that way and allow them to decide whether or not they want to provide you with that service. Don't be one of those; "my house, my rules" people. That's being selfish, inconsiderate and disrespectful to those that would rather not be subjected to a strangers nudity. Be upfront, let them know. They may surprise you and say they are okay with it or you may find a new nudist friend.

This post was edited

My belief is that you should show respect for others and they should in turn show respect for you. Don't make it an issue of just nudity or your lifestyle. The service person just wants to do their job and chances are they don't care about your pants one way or the other as long as their work isn't interfered with. From a host perspective, it's likely best to get out their way and not distract them, and that goes for playing loud music, hovering naked around them or cooking stinky food. Just let them do their work and don't make it about you.

This post was edited

If someone comes to my house unannounced, I make no apologies for being nude and I don't get dressed.

I used to greet appliance repairmen in the nude without letting them know in advance. That sometimes caused an awkward moment or two. I stopped doing that. Now, I let them know in advanced. "I'm a nudist and will be nude while you're here. Is that a problem for you?" Since I started doing that, there has been no awkward moments at their arrival. No one has ever refused to provide service.

I have ordered pizza a few times while at a friend's house, and added to the deliver instruction that I'm a nudist. When the delivery driver arrives. He knows what to expect and it's never been a problem.

For parcel delivery, I just answer the door nude (or I'm already nude outside) and that's not a problem either. I get the idea that most delivery people have already seen nude people and just don't care.

This post was edited

I had an insurance adjuster out to the house many years ago. I didn't tell him I was a nudist before he got here. Didn't phase him a bit. He was here for about an hour and a half. We were in various rooms of the house looking at things and talking. Also walked completely around the outside of the house. He never gave any indication that he even noticed I was nude.

Twice, I've had a repairman out to fix something on my well. Didn't tell him the first time -- but no problem at all. Acted like he didn't even notice that I was nude. Second time (over a year later), same thing. Not there to comment on my fashion sense.

This post was edited

Professionally as a business owner and service provider I learned very early on I have a bullseye on my head for anything someone wants to invent/accuse and bring their TV vulture attorney's, file suit or just they ramble unfounded gossip at the coffee shop. Hell I had an ongoing two year lawsuit by a guy I didn't even know that went clear to the State Appellate court. The $$$ was staggering for my Atty's for some dumb idiot and his TV lawyer looking for a windfall.

No one in my shop could really careless about someone being nude but these days but it's not so safe for me or my people. Obviously I could give a rip if someone was naked the thing on my mind is get in, get it fixed and get moving to the next call. Should we walk in on someone and it has happened you excuse yourself and say you will return later. Employees are to report it to my office so it can be logged.

This post was edited

Rockdad;Suppose you are alone with any of these?What if it was an 18 year old male or female?What if it was a 16 year old male or female?What if it was a 12 year old male or female?Would you be afraid of a false accusation so someone can threaten to sue and force you to pay money to make it go away?

It counts for any age. Accusations is all it takes now. Should the property be owned by a land owner they are immediately notified. In days gone by it was just a whoops please excuse me and that was it.
Fortunately (or not) the last incident was a few years ago was at our good friends house by an employee and caught his wife in an undressed state. This guy is no one to mess with when it comes to his wife. It took me a couple talks with him to cool him out instead of going atomic. Don't mess with a Vet that killed for a living I say that has a jealous hair trigger. Damn good thing he loves us !

That progression of younger ages you asked about gave me the ever lasting creeps.
The rare times there was a walk in was when no one was suppose to be home, didn't answer the door knock, and we were provided a key to key in.

This post was edited

The only service person I have been nude in his presence was a friend that I already knew. We had discussed it on his previous visit. He said that it would not be a problem.

This post was edited

Living at a nude resort has the added benefit of the people who do maintenance, deck building, etc. know they will see nudists when they drive through the gates. That said, when we have professionals here doing such things we always put something on, showing the respect they deserve to others who don't necessarily share the lifestyle. Some have joined in and lost some clothing but most of the time they do the job and go on their way. No one with any common sense should want to creep out a HVAC tech only to have their servicing done wrong because they were trying to hurry up and get away from the nudity. I suppose I should mention the tech who was so intrigued by the nude scene that he/she did the job badly on purpose in order to have to be called back on another service call to repair the issue again (that scenario was made up by me, a guy who wants EVERYONE to be nude).

If we don't respect non-nudists in these situations, it only helps to strengthen the negative preconceptions textiles seem to commonly believe, such as that all nudists are exhibitionists and all that nude resorts are full of sexually-overt people. Our genitals may be showing but we're not using them! Anyone reading this post knows better, hopefully, or at least now they do.

This post was edited

I would not however "Foist" my lifestyle choice on service providers who come to my home. To do so i believe is tantamount to exhibitionism andnothing more than your desire to be seen naked in my humble opinion.

Thats a good observation.

This post was edited