RE:Disagreeable Experience at the Gym Today

My most recent experience was at a community pool built in the 50's or 60's. Typical of the time, open locker room with benches and a shower room with a bank of heads along each wall. Most of us walked to and from the showers nude since there was no place to keep a towel dry. Little boys and girls were there to see grown men's naked bodies, and it did not seem to be a problem for any of us. Those who had kids with them also seemed to be engaged in conversation more than others, not only with their child or children, but with those of us who have had the same experiences. One one occasion a girl of about seven or eight years old was in the men's locker room alone, nobody bothered her and I heard no complaints from any of the men.

This post was edited

I go to gym center often. There was not any regulations about dressing in the shower room or sauna room. The shower rooms have no door nor curtains in the first 3 years. But since a few months ago, some of shower rooms have been equipped with curtains. I found not that many people care about this change. I don't like to use the shower room with curtain because the curtain may contaminate my body. In the sauna room, people are free to be nude or be with tower or swimming trunks.
You can invite more nudists to go there often and perhaps the unreasonable rule may be changed.

This post was edited

Mensa said curtains were introduced in his gyms shower rooms so dudes could have a wank in private.Maybe your gym has made similar changes for that reason.I cant believe that guys go to a gym to jerk off, but Mensa is a lot older and wiser than me so he has probably seen more of them.
That wasnt what Mensa said. Guys drawing the curtain say they could jerk off was his suggestion, not the actual official reason they were introduced. His words were

Oh, I remember having a conversation with a male trainer. Don't know how the subject came up but I remember expressing my amazement that guys pulled the curtain closed when they took showers. I asked, what are they doing that they need that level of privacy while taking a shower in a men's locker room? I continued with, I'm guessing they're jerking off. Why else would they bother with the curtain?

This post was edited

Mensa is a respected member of the nudist community, are you saying he is full of BS?I did think the jerking off excuse was a bit lame at the time.

No I am certainly not saying he is full of BS. I am saying you misquoted him. I copied an extract from his original post where you can see that stated that the jerk office explanation was something he suggested in his conversation with the member of staff. Not something that was given by the establishment as their explanation for having the curtains.

This post was edited

I have thought the same thing. Trouble is, it's difficult to get nudists together in this area to do anything at all -- even go out for a steak dinner.
You can invite more nudists to go there often and perhaps the unreasonable rule may be changed.

This post was edited

BlgDudeMan You complain when other put words into your mouth, yet you don't hesitate to do the same thing.
Mensa said curtains were introduced in his gyms shower rooms so dudes could have a wank in private.Maybe your gym has made similar changes for that reason.I cant believe that guys go to a gym to jerk off, but Mensa is a lot older and wiser than me so he has probably seen more of them.

I didn't say anything such thing.

This post was edited

Big Dude Man, I'm interested in learning more about what you believe and practice rather than your thoughts about others' motives and values. Please fill out your profile so we can get to know and understand you better. It would be nice to understand what settings other than men's locker rooms you feel more comfortable with nudity.

This post was edited

And you twisted it into what you wanted me to say. Go back and read what you said about what I said. Not even close to the same thing.

Mensa, you saidQuote.I continued with, I'm guessing they're jerking off. Why else would they bother with the curtain?End quoteYou typed it, its been reposted 3 times now.

This post was edited

I feel comfortable with nudity everywhere its allowed and, or expected. Nudity in the gym Mr Mensa goes to has been restricted to changing clothes in the locker room. So Id be uncomfortable going nude into the steam room where its no longer expected or allowed.I hope this clears it up Mr Andy.

Thank you for introducing yourself on your profile. It helps me to put your thoughts in a context. What you wrote above is good where you show what you feel and think, not what you understand anybody else says or thinks. You speak for yourself - and let Mensa speak for himself. That makes things much easier and we all learn from each other. Good luck!

This post was edited

If having a nude picture on my profile somehow makes that a relevant opinion, its never going to happen. So get over it. I have.The lack of images is only one of many issues.

Consider, for example, your lack of positive input. Even if you had dozens of nude images posted, your lack of positive contributions to discussions would completely eclipse any such photos.

This post was edited