RE: sexuality

There is a fundamental principle here. We have to understand what God is for, not only what he is against. The scriptures underscore the fundamental importance of marriage, because it is fundamentally important to the existence of human societyI agree that we have to understand both.

This post was edited

What's that old saying about counterfeits ? Best way to tell the real thing from a fake is to know the real thing to its finest details.
But the gays are doing a better job of getting their message into both obvious and messages in tv, movies and the news.
While you currently 'feel' something is right, would you have felt the same way year ago before you mind was bomb barred with speech after speech. People seem to have forgotten that there is only XX's and XY's. you can create yourself a gender but it is taught .
Our church want to stay focused on sanctification. Be like Christ. What in your life needs to go to be like Christ. It is a growing stronger in Christ process. Don't get distracted.

This post was edited

The Bible seems to be pretty clear on this topic, even using the rather strong word "abomination" to describe same gender sexual relations. This does not justify treating homosexuals badly, though. The Bible also clearly states that we are all sinners, everyone of us, and that all sin is equal.

This post was edited

The Bible clearly states rules about homosexuality JUST THE SAME as it talks about adultery and fornication. They are all sins. Hetro couples living together unmarried but (presumably) sexually active were considered to be "living in sin". What the Bible NEVER forbids is LOVE. Such as when a couple in love would wait until marriage to have sex. They "knew" sex was a sin, but loving each other wasn't. What a strange concept these days. Now someone will say that sexuality is part of our nature. As humans we are above the animals and can practice self control. Will we always succeed? No. But just because I DO something doesn't change the fact that it is a sin. Sometimes we must be celibate. Yes, it is a challenge but there are a lot of people who have to deal with challenges of one type or another everyday.

This post was edited

The Bible was written by men who had their own agendas. I personally dont believe in all that hocus-pocus crap. Love is love..period.

This post was edited

The Bible is very clear on the topic of homosexuality. It isn't just one scripture. Time and again, the Bible speaks against homosexuality.

It's a question of proportion. How many times does the Bible speak against homosexuality, compared to how many times it speaks against, say, greed, materialism, hate, or (especially in the Old Testament) inhospitality? And yet it has become a bugbear to many Christians today, out of all proportion to the amount of attention scripture gives it.

Not to put too fine a point on it, I have an idea why that is. Comedian Joel Kim Booster asked, why is there no gay male comedian with the wide appeal of Ellen DeGeneres? He concludes that it is because "it's really hard to look at a gay man and not think about anal [sex]." This squicks people out -- especially men. And it is this squick factor that makes homosexuality such a huge issue in Christianity, far out of proportion to the amount of attention scripture gives it, and far more than other issues that scripture actually says more about. It's the same reason some people automatically kill spiders
Think of a billionaire. Billionaires got that way through unbridled avarice -- one of the seven deadly sins. But most people are not squicked out at the sight of a billionaire. We may even envy him -- another of the seven deadly sins.

If the shoe fits...

This post was edited

So, my previous post here was written quickly as I was about to head to the bus stop for work. The reason I was able to write it so quickly was because I had planned it out ahead of time, waiting for the next thread on this subject. I knew there was going to be one. Since I joined this group, there have been at least three previous threads which were either about homosexuality, or because about that due to one man's personal whatever. So this is the fourth.

Now, if we had a sense of proportion, what would I see? Taking just the seven deadly sins, I would expect to see, at a minimum, four threads on avarice, four threads on lust, four on sloth, four on anger, four on pride, four on gluttony, and four on envy. Where are they?

So that's why I conclude that homosexuality is a bugbear for you guys; the furnace room you're afraid to go in as a kid, the monster under your bed giving you nightmares.

Or, let me put it another way: the previous thread here, called, "Revelations, dreams, wisdom, bible passages,.." now about a month ago. I replied eagerly with an insight I had recently gained. I came back today, hoping to read what other people had offered in that thread. Nada. Zip. Zilch. It had sat forlorn and neglected for a month. But this thread comes along, and everyone had to hold forth on the subject.

When I put these two observations together, the conclusion is clear: people who have not experienced any particular spiritual insight lately have very strong feelings of conviction about what I do in my bedroom. I'll take that for what it's worth.

This post was edited
RE:sexuality

There is a whole spectrum of humanity that go way beyond the narrow notion of only two genders and sexes of female and male!! Another very rare condition is chimerism with two different sets of DNA!!

This post was edited