Quiet here

it's been quiet here for a while and fall/winter most parts anyone paddling they're canoes - kayaks ? enlighten us all with a story and pictures . anyone buy a new canoe-kayak , paddle , cool life vest or anything else related ???

This topic was edited
RE:Quiet here

my boats sit idle even i sit idle lol i have four boats a 14 foot with a small kicker motor , a pond boat , a canoe and a kayak i love to fish and pretty much all spring and most of summer i fished or had a boat out and than i guess i got lazy or found other interest. as for other boats i still want a Sportspal canoe they are kinda pricey at least of me but super lightweight and i think with one i'd unload all my other boats. it's been warm here again dso i may drag out my canoe as it's the easiest boat and the one i like most - it's a cheap pelican 15'6" with a little 18# thrust trolling motor it can get in everywhere and warm days i can get nude in back coves and stretch out.

This post was edited

Mine's at my brother-in-law's house and I'm not! It's nearly the summer vacation season down under (starting with Christmas) so hopefully I'll be out on the water soon, in the sunshine.

This post was edited

Mine's at my brother-in-law's house and I'm not! It's nearly the summer vacation season down under (starting with Christmas) so hopefully I'll be out on the water soon, in the sunshine.

Nude?

This post was edited

Once underway, it's the preferred option, as soon as I'm reasonably clear of swimmers. And then there the question of how close I dare get to the shore before slipping the suit back on. Perhaps an early start could see me launch nude, but my wife usually has first dibs on the kayak.

This post was edited

Once underway, it's the preferred option, as soon as I'm reasonably clear of swimmers. And then there the question of how close I dare get to the shore before slipping the suit back on. Perhaps an early start could see me launch nude, but my wife usually has first dibs on the kayak.

Maybe you need to get up before she does on a warm morning!

This post was edited

Perhaps, but I try to let her have first dibs.

This post was edited

Between winter finally getting here and some serious home renovations going on my boats are getting very lonely. Hoping the house stuff winds up so I can get back out for the white bass run in late February/early March. After that there are a lot of reasons to be out on the water and I can usually manage to paddle nude once the sun comes back.

This post was edited

It was 70 this past Saturday so I was able to get out and paddled about 3 miles back into a pretty isolated creek. I think I may have heard banjos playing. Able to enjoy a little bit of paddling with just my pfd on.

This post was edited

Plenty of opportunities to take the kayak or in the last week or so. A early start meant I skipped the sunscreen and was back before the sun was to high. As usual here, I was able to paddle to a nearby secluded beach and combine a walk with the paddle with the suit left behind in the kayak. The far end of the destination beach has road access so I approached as far as I felt comfortable before returning to the kayak. Hoof marks indicate local horse riders / trainers use the beach but they were not there at the same time - likely I would be outrun and caught if I got too far from my kayak! Behind the beach is farmland but I have never seen any activity while I am visiting.

An early start, when possible, also means the beach is quiet as I launch. It was never deserted as (fully-dressed) people were walking the shoreline, often with their dogs. By contrast, I was in my skimpy Sunseeker as I launched. On a couple of occasions I felt comfortable enough to slip it off just before launching (easier than once underway, given the chance) but I still took it with me as the beach would be busier once I returned.

This post was edited