RE:Grooming Standards and Expectations

Gotta ask yourself... why would those (nudists) that are always preaching the friendliness and accepting attitudes of nudists, in general, seem so concerned about another's grooming practices (rolling eyes and shaking head). It's a personal choice and always has been. Whatever another nudist prefers doing about their body hair should just be accepted without rude or snide remarks.We had shaved pubes quite some time before it became a trend. My wife decided to go completely smooth on her own back in 1978. .

I'm going to answer that as....we now live in a society that critiques others or we need to act offended by others in order to fit in with one another. It's so much easier to do than to apply ones ownself. What a shame

This post was edited

Easy answer .. when it starts getting caught in the zipper, it gets a trim.

This post was edited

I noticed some years ago that most nudists were fully shaved at the clubs I visited, and most of the photos in media here at TN are people who shave. Anyway, I started shaving as I thought it was a nudist style, and I keep shaving as I like the look and feel.

This post was edited

The hairs down theres ~ if I had to put a number on it, maybe 80% of the people who live at our resort seem to like their privates without fur. Tidiness downstairs seems popular these days and I'm one of the ones who keeps it pretty smooth. Considering why I shave down there, I'd say it's mostly for my own love of the feel of nothing, that completely blank slate - it simply feels fabulous! It does challenge my razor and getting the hair off the scrotum almost always includes some nicks (OUCHY). The nice part is that area of the body heals utterly fast. My lady really loves body hair on me but understands my want for no fuzzy on my genitals, even helps me sometimes with the parts I find more difficult to manage. We make it a fun game when we shave each other, and those grooming sessions commonly end up with us heading not to the pool to show off our clean crotches but toward more amorous pursuits. Go figure!

As nudists, in general, we don't get bossy about each other's hair styles, no matter what part of the body is being considered. It's about preferences and sometimes attraction, and both of those are different for everyone. I know some women who shave it all off every day and others who've never shaved themselves down there. I have one friend who thinks a shaven adult male looks pre-pubescent and she finds that completely sexually-inhibiting. Another friend shaves every inch of his body every day except his eyebrows! He and his partner eventually invested in a home electrolysis device and it keeps those pesky hair follicles from putting out for weeks.

My take on it is sort of like tattoos that one can change on a whim. It can be a way to turn one's body into art, and if you look in the mirror when you're done and hate it, wait a few days and try something else. Why not! And prepare yourself - when you get to a certain age, many people find their genitals become bare without any help. That's right, it stops growing down there and then you're out of luck. Or in luck, depending on your preference.

This post was edited

I keep it trimmed but not completely smooth because that requires too much upkeep and can get really itchy if you let stubble grow back for a few days. I only shave my face once a week or so, pubic hair trim a little less often. It is based on what I like and not any nudist expectations or norms.

This post was edited

My wife surprised me yesterday with an "announcement": this summer she will be going completely bald. She's even made the appointment.

My initial thought was: "nice...but why now?" We've been socializing nude for a few years now; and she's always expressed a personal preference for "just a light trim." Is it because almost all the nudist women we've socialized with have been "smooth?" Did that finally get to her; and she now just wants to be like everyone else? Or is it that after years of nudism, she is now less self-conscious about her labia being clearly visible?

The answer is actually simpler. She simply wants to try it. Just like she might try a different style of clothing. If she likes the way it feels and looks, she might keep it that way. If not, she might go back to just trimming. Either way won't change a thing in her participation in social nudity.

This post was edited

Your grooming practices are your own and my grooming practices are my own. Your grooming preferences dont affect me and mine should not affect. When I encounter someone in a social nudity situation I have a focus on their personality and conversation not their pubic hair grooming preferences.

This post was edited

Much like the hair on my head, on my face, in my ears and up my nose, I groom it to my preference, present fashions have no influence.

This post was edited

My wife surprised me yesterday with an "announcement": this summer she will be going completely bald. She's even made the appointment.

Can we all assume from this comment that your woman is going for a Brazilian wax job? My sweetie has been expressing her want to find a good waxer in this area (having given up on the razor for understandable reasons) with us only recently moving to the area permanently. With a nude resort in the region you'd think there would be salons nearby openly offering this type of service, but we haven't found them so far. Even living here in our cute naked community you might think it would be easy to start that conversation around the pool or hot tub, "I see you are bald downstairs. Do you do that yourself or where do you go?" It's good etiquette to not bring up body parts in the naked world but what's one to do when this situation comes up? I enjoy using the razor on myself, though there are parts I need assistance with.

The answer is actually simpler. She simply wants to try it. Just like she might try a different style of clothing. If she likes the way it feels and looks, she might keep it that way. If not, she might go back to just trimming. Either way won't change a thing in her participation in social nudity.

Quite right. Adornment is personal and I consider hair choices to be the same, whether that be on your head or on your mound. Other people's personal preferences may surely make one either take a second glance or avert their eyes, but it's appropriate that in these moments one keep cool and not become that judgemental person we nudists do not appreciate. No matter what choice is made, I truly love the delight of difference in this bare nation we've become a part of.

This post was edited

Even living here in our cute naked community you might think it would be easy to start that conversation around the pool or hot tub, "I see you are bald downstairs. Do you do that yourself or where do you go?" It's good etiquette to not bring up body parts in the naked world but what's one to do when this situation comes up?

I wouldn't think it would be any different than asking for a recommendation for a Barbershop or Hair Salon. However, commenting on someones style down there might raise a few problems especially when you first meet them. But I don't think it would be crossing the line to ask if there are professionals in the area that offer those services.

This post was edited