RE:A Few Questions About On Line Communication Through Language Translators

Yes. That has "SCAM" written all over it.

This post was edited

I have a friend who is attempting to communicate with a woman on line. His native language is English and her native language is Spanish.

She is either as bright as a goat or talking smack for one reason or another, and what his emails are likely not giving someone who is data mining to get identity related information to find your friend or to sell or for a scam as stated and if she really cared about him or communication she would show him what she understands and what she doesn't not make a claim that isn't supported by my experience of that of any other person I know, and tell him get me a better translator.

** However, if your friend writes in abbreviations, doesn't use punctuation, lots of slang, and his grammar is internet short for example:

"Did you travel to the coast to go to the nude beach with your freinds, or did you meet there?" is translatable

"Holidays... mates go with or is it meetups w/ppl beaches, resorts etc? Nude?" is not

This post was edited

@sunluver - good you scoped out the dating site. You've done your friend a real favor.

This post was edited

Sunluver wrote:

The site is free for women to join but men must pay!

Sounds a little like some of the Midwestern naturist resorts people have talked about

This post was edited

So interesting now that after he told her that he would not join the dating site when their problem could be communication (translation) and that they really needed to find a good translation service together, he never heard from her again. Another interesting thing is that the dating site is free for women to join and once a member she could always send what he wrote in English to be translated into Spanish for her through the outside translation service that the dating site provides a link to. He did not have to join the dating site for him or her to do that. Of course she would need to pay for the translation but if she was sincerely interested in him, then she could do at least this.

Tis the season for scams.............well all need to watch out and not be duped into a scam by some unscrupulous women.

This post was edited

Seems like he escaped a scam -- good.

This post was edited

Seems like he escaped a scam -- good.

Yes but it is better then that. This woman has now been blocked and kicked off two dating sites after both sites had their fraud investigation units to investigate this woman. What does this tell you?

I only wish that a site like this which claims thousands and thousands of members would have a fraud investigation unit so that they could get rid of one scammer after another and keep this site safe and honest for real true nudists - both good men and women.

This post was edited