RE:circumcised - state or event?

I'm glad to see this topic still going. I feel like a lot of guys think of it as a state. I like that as it suggests the permanency of circumcision. a young friend of mine was circumcised recently and loves being able to say "I AM circumcised".

This post was edited

I think I have to say I was as I was cut when I was 4 years old and remember little about it!

This post was edited

I AM Circumcised the circumcision is the was part. It's part of who I am and part of my own self identity.

I have no regrets about my adult circumcision and feel that for me it was a new start

This post was edited

For the first few years after the event it felt like an event. I would say 'I was circumcised x years ago' or 'I needed a circumcision' etc. Nowadays I'm just a circumcised guy.

This post was edited

Welcome to the club James

This post was edited

I say both "I am circumcised " and " I was circumcised " so maybe I see it as a state and an event ?
It's not something I've really thought about.
All I know is " I was circumcised " so therefore " I am circumcised " and I'm glad I was and am

This post was edited

Interesting question... I 'was' circumcised twenty years ago (I celebrate the date) and I'd say I 'am' circumcised in the same way as I am bald and bearded and 5'9" because the fact that I am makes a difference to how I see myself. Being circumcised is part of my identity and I feel an affinity and connection with other guys who are too.

This post was edited

Interesting question... I 'was' circumcised twenty years ago (I celebrate the date) and I'd say I 'am' circumcised in the same way as I am bald and bearded and 5'9" because the fact that I am makes a difference to how I see myself. Being circumcised is part of my identity and I feel an affinity and connection with other guys who are too.

Interesting answer! I'd go with that: it was both an event and an ongoing state. 'Being circumcised is part of my identity' - oh yes, very much so

I tend also to say 'I had myself circumcised', as that emphasizes the fact it was entirely my choice.

This post was edited

I say both depending on the context of the conversation or the question that I'm answering. As someone who had the procedure for medical reasons and spent at least a year feeling that my new penis was foreign to me, it's important to recognise that it was an event out of my control that caused it. After accepting the fact and feeling comfortable in my own skin (or lack of it in that case), I can recognise it as a characteristic too.

This post was edited

i would agree npap69. is it something you got to discuss with other men?

This post was edited