Sunday, 12/05/21

I'm planning on heading up to Spaworld tomorrow, 12/05. I'll be hanging out in the bade pool area from mid-afternoon until early evening. Say hello - it's always nice to have a buddy to chat with.

This topic was edited
RE:Sunday, 12/05/21

I was at Spa World yesterday between approximately 3:00p and 6:00p. There was no line of people waiting to check-in. The mens Bade pool area was comfortably full, but not packed -- no standing cheek-to-cheek. I dont know why their website still says the area is closed. Everything is as it was in the beforetimes. Maybe they want to prevent a huge amount of overcrowding as they re-open.

This post was edited

oh wow good to know

This post was edited

I was at Spa World yesterday between approximately 3:00p and 6:00p. There was no line of people waiting to check-in. The mens Bade pool area was comfortably full, but not packed -- no standing cheek-to-cheek. I dont know why their website still says the area is closed. Everything is as it was in the beforetimes. Maybe they want to prevent a huge amount of overcrowding as they re-open.

Thanks for the update brother

This post was edited

Ive never been to Spa World. Whats a first timer need to know? Im not new to nudity, just Spa World?

This post was edited

Ive never been to Spa World. Whats a first timer need to know? Im not new to nudity, just Spa World?

Spa World is a traditional Korean spa/ bathhouse/ Jjimjilbang. I havent been since the pandemic but I can tell you how good things to know and or to expect when going to Spa World. When you go in you will see the front desk lobby. After getting a day pass they will give you a (spa uniform) shirt, shorts and a locker key. This key will open the shoe locker that is there in the front lobby and it also opens your locker room locker. You must take your shoes off there in the lobby and put them in the shoe locker. This locker will not reopen until after you check out at the front desk when you are ready to leave the spa.
You then walk down the hall to one of the gender separated locker room. Find your locker and either take off all your clothes and go into the bathhouse part of the locker room or put on the spa uniform the shirt and shorts they gave you at the front desk so you can leave the locker room to check out the other things at the spa like the gym, restaurant and heated rooms.
When you get completely naked and go try out the Korean bathhouse remember always keep your key which is on a thing that can be kept on your wrist or ankle. Never be without it. When you go to the glass door of the bathhouse part of the locker room you will see towels. Do not get one yet. Just walk in a wash well at one of the showers no matter if you just showered at home before going there. Remember to always rewash every time you go back into the bathhouse even if it was for 5 minutes just to urinate in the bathroom in the locker room. You need to also remember to rinses off every time you walk out of the sauna and or steam room if you plan to go into the pool or one of the tubs. It is traditional to rinse off the sweat to help keep the water cleaner. You dont have to rinse off if going from hot tub to cool tub or from cool tub to bade pool.
I do recommend you think about getting a body scrub. Might just watch for a minute to see how they do it to someone else before ordering one because it does cost extra and can be a little painful on some sensitive spots of the body if the person does scrubs hard.
Hope this explains a little bit of what a Jjimjilbang is like and what to expect.

If anyone likes to add to this please do.

This post was edited

Wow, that place sounds amazing. I wish they had one in Seattle area.

I had a Korean bath experience overseas, with the body scrub. Best feeling ever. I would love to have another.

This post was edited

Also, you can save money by using the GroupOn app. You end up saving over $10 for a day pass.

This post was edited

Very thorough explaination!

Hope that you are doing well! Hopefully things will settle down and we can have you out for a visit again soon.

Cheers & Happy New Year!
C&T

This post was edited

Great reminder!

For those who havent been, its a great place to visit!

This post was edited