Comfort or discomfort

Not sure if going braless is comfortable or uncomfy. But I presume its more of a habit. If one is habituated going braless, its not a problem for her. Same as we men going without underwear or for arguments sake the difference in boxers and briefs!

This topic was edited
RE:Comfort or discomfort

I think it depends on the height and weight of the breast. For women with big breasts it could very uncomfortable to wear no bras, some even get back pain.

On the topic men without underwear I have written my opinion in several groups before. For me it's totally incomprehensible why it should be comfortable to wear jeans without underpants.

This post was edited

From articles I have read and women I have talked to. Breast sensitivity seems to be in 3 basic categories, regardless of size.
1, little to no sensitivity to being braless or played with. As one gal asked, "what is it with you guys and tits, they are just there". :-0
2, Braless is fine depending on activity, braless jumping jacks or running are a no-no. But sensitive enough to make playtime enjoyable. ;-)
3, Have to wear a bra at all times, even a tee shirt rubbing against them is painful. And NO play time allowed ;-(

While I generally go commando, tighty whities are required for work. To guard against the occasional torn crotch in the jeans and for support to avoid sitting on my nuts while bouncing around in off road equipment. In that situation underwear takes on the role as safety equipment ;-)

This post was edited

I think the relationships between bras and comfort vary quite drastically by person. Personally for me Ive always found them uncomfortable regardless of my breast size growing up. I get the impression generally that smaller breasted women find them uncomfortable whilst larger breasted women find them completely necessary to remain comfortable. There are then those of us in the middle where it completely depends on what youre used to, your physical make up, and your activity level. Regardless of what Im doing even when Im being active I find them horrible and restrictive. Others of my size would definitely find it more comfortable to wear something more supportive.

When it comes to sensitivity I dont really know in general what the link with being braless is. From personal experience what I can say is that being braless hasnt reduced mine and Ive always been fairly sensitive when it comes to my nipples.

This post was edited

My best friend, for a long time, felt her bras weren't right. She recently got properly fitted and went from wearing 34A to 36AA. Today I asked why she wears bras and she said in Winter they weren't necessary but in Spring/Summer she doesn't want her nipples showing.

This post was edited

Hello Jayne, fully agree, for me it is totally dependent of the activity I am doing, being male, certain fabrics allow you to not and some do, weather is a dependent for me too. Also if I am working and keep bending down and pants ride down is it probably not good for client to keep seeing my bum, if not wearing

This post was edited

I get the impression generally that smaller breasted women find them uncomfortable whilst larger breasted women find them completely necessary to remain comfortable.

In this particular case, size does matter.

When we go to the resort, my wife will opt to not wear underwear under her "onesie", which makes undressing when we get there a very simple task of just "dropping it" once it's time to get naked.
So she'll go without any type of support for entire day(s). And it doesn't bother her one bit. She's on the "smaller" side.

This post was edited

I just gotta get in on this subject - there are so many misconceptions and too many puns bouncing around right now for me to even try to abstain from comment. Oh, and therein lies the first of them!

I shouldn't call myself a breast man because my appreciation for the female parts runs from the bottom to the top, meaning I'm all on that, from a cute toe ring showing off those nubby, nibbly digits down under to a diamond stud in a gal's earlobe. And having accepted a life of nudism, I sometimes need to remind myself not to pull a woman's body apart to get enraptured by some special spot. When my honey pulls apart certain of her succulent parts, that's a view she knows I cannot resist, but off the topic of bras I have already wiggled. My last word on liking one part more than another is called objectification. It is unhealthy and serves no purpose in my life. We're all different and we're all lovely in our own way. For further study I suggest Come as You Are by Dr. Emily Nagoski.

I'm blessed with a sweetie with more than ample boobage, and having met her here where we now live, I knew what I was getting into from the beginning. Once we'd become a couple I started hearing her comments about having to wear bras a lot. That translates to bitching when she had to put one on and relief when she got to take it off. And I can't blame anyone for hating the things. As has been stated in this thread already, there are women who have little choice about wearing them due to their physiology, but I find my baby's psychological state is always improved when she's out of hers. And my mindset improves immediately upon her breasts being set free at the end of her workday. She gets off at 3 or 4 pm but work isn't over until that over the shoulder torture device has been removed. Aaaah yes! And each nipple gets a kiss right after her mouth gets its smooches, followed by a long embrace with our bodies in a focused, bare hug, hips together and with the oxytocin beginning to flow.

Why bring up a hormone now, you might ask? This zesty stuff is one of the hormones which brings out connection and pleasure and trust between people, along with its probably just as important (or arguably more important) job of helping to cause contractions during childbirth and the letting down of breast milk for baby's first meal. There it is, the titty connection! Did anyone here just get a spritz of milk expressed into their bra upon reading that fact? Not too likely, but it's a nice thought for this thirsty fellow. I've traveled off topic again and I'm going to dwell here for another moment. So jump down to the next paragraph if this subject bothers you. For women in their childbearing years, it is not uncommon for it to occur at the most inopportune moments - a let down and expulsion when they are least prepared, or even worse, caught without a bra on to catch at least a little of that motherly milk. That's not why bras were invented but I think it bears notice. And for some women, milk comes forth at some rather outrageous times which have nothing at all to do with breastfeeding or giving birth. I'm reminded of it happening in front of me at a wine bar after I poured this customer a wine that really blew her away with its beautiful taste. Lucky for me she was the only customer I had at that moment and there were no other employees around, and she felt obligated to open her vest and show me the wetness. Okay, full disclosure from a nudist, she told me it had happened and I reacted so strongly that she showed me, as completely unprofessional as that was in a public setting. Well now, there's a perk to wanna work the wine industry, do you agree?? She was a small breasted woman and it had created quite a spill down the lefthand side of her blouse. Mmm hmm, she bought a bottle and I bragged about it for months. Not the wine sale. And now I'm bragging again.

That got wordy....the first patented bra was in 1899, and no, it wasn't applied for by Otto Titzling as the legend goes but by Christine Hardt, a German who I'm betting had a rack to deal with of her own. Whether you love 'em or hate 'em or are fully without an opinion, bras do serve their purpose, and I for one, appreciate them. They will not keep your breasts from sagging as you get older, they will not help how the boobs look at all except when the device is in place, and they can hurt you fiscally, not just physically. The price of a well-fitted bra gets ridiculous and they do have a lifespan. I'm sorry about that, ladies. Does it make you feel better to know there are some unfortunate men who have to wear those damned things? That's not right!

Sensitivity is like anything else in the human body, and I've had enough women in my life to know there is no standard to be brought up here. I've been told to leave them alone during lovemaking, either for the lack of any stimulation or for avoidance of over-stimulation. On the other end of nerve-endings, I've been with a woman who could orgasm from just having them suckled. When we have our 5K race in the spring here at White Tail, there are many who must bra-up or they'd undoubtedly hurt themselves, and men who are in the same physiological boat with an over-abundance downstairs, in need of something on their junk to avoid damage to them or others jogging nearby.

I'll end with my thought on underwear for guys, even though it is a side-story here. The feel of no man panties on when I'm out in the fake world (where clothing is not optional) is nice and free and cooler. I haven't thrown all my undees away yet because I do go past our resort gates too often to not need some support in the general genital area when I do so. I find that fabrics such as silk sometimes make things happen downstairs that need not happen in public, so almost exclusively I go for minimal coverage when I am forced to clothe the wedding tackle, and it's all cotton for me.

It's almost Christmas - have any of you heard the song "The Buttcracker Suite" by Bob Rivers of Twisted Christmas fame? If you like irreverence and humor related to uncomfortable underwear choices, by all means....

This post was edited