RE:Did you tell the Dermatotogist you're a nudist?

I know this was directed at someone else, but the first dermatologist I saw really only looked at my face and back. Everything else was covered by the paper gown and she just barely peeked under the gown.Were you nude during the entire exam or did you have some cover that the doctor removed or pulled aside?

This post was edited

No I did not.Does he check your complete body anyway, including the area where most people don't get sun?

Not all dermatologists are male. I was only there for a spot on my arm that my GP was concerned about, so no she did not.

This post was edited

Based on this discussion, it would seem, in fact, that most dermatologists are women.Not all dermatologists are male.

This post was edited

No I did not.Does he check your complete body anyway, including the area where most people don't get sun?Not all dermatologists are male. I was only there for a spot on my arm that my GP was concerned about, so no she did not.

Do you ever get full body exams from a dermatologist?

This post was edited

Not sure how this thread progressed from Dermatologist visits to Colonoscopies,

That would be my fault ;-) I have not been to a dermatologist yet. But wanted to comment on up tight medical personnel, others had mentioned ;-) So told the story just to for context of my experience. And maybe those who haven't gone thru this yet, might find it useful as to what to expect.

This post was edited

And it's perfectly reasonable explore related topics and tangents. It happens in normal conversation all the time.Not sure how this thread progressed from Dermatologist visits to Colonoscopies,That would be my fault ;-) I have not been to a dermatologist yet. But wanted to comment on up tight medical personnel, others had mentioned ;-) So told the story just to for context of my experience. And maybe those who haven't gone thru this yet, might find it useful as to what to expect.

This post was edited

I really like my Dermatologist. I have recently seen her for the third time.

My first visit was quite unique. I was told to remove my clothes by the assistant and handed my gown, that they would return shortly.
Since I wore only shorts and a t-shirt and nothing else, I stripped and just put the folded gown over my lap. When both ladies returned, there seemed to be no concern from either one of them. I informed Dr. C that I was a nudist and my whole body gets a LOT of sun. She asked if I had any concerns. I mentioned a few areas and that I had a spot on the end of my glans and I would like to be sure it was nothing I should be concerned about.

She asked to let her see it. To be as discrete as possible, I completely cupped myself leaving only a very small area exposed for her to inspect the spot I was concerned about. With a quick inspection, she assured me it was fine, then asked me to stand up for the rest of the exam. The three of us chatted throughout the rest of the exam with the two of them asking a lot about my nudism with curiosity.

As she was wrapping up, she asked me if I could do her a big favor. I said sure, what is it? She said she was a huge practical joker and likes to pull pranks on her staff. She always wanted to surprise her all female staff with a naked man and wondered if I would mind. It would be a real kick!

I said "sure, why not. you want me to just ask where the bathroom is?" She said that would be perfect! So off we all went through the back corridors to whoops and giggles, stares and face coverings as we made our rounds. Finally back in the exam room, with a Cheshire cat grin, she gave me a big hug, thanked me, then loaded me up with a bag full of freebees.

My wife saw me come home with all my stuff and asked why she didn't get anything like that from her previous visit. I told her it was probably because she didn't show her naked self to the staff. Funny, not funny!

The following year, I arrived for my visit on my way to work. I wore briefs that day as I always do for work. I stripped down to my briefs and again set the folded gown on my lap, not wanting to be presumptuous about being completely nude for my visit. After asking how her favorite patient was, her next question was why I was wearing briefs and I said I was on my way to work. As she conducted my exam, she tugged at my briefs so I just slid them off and asked it that was easier.

"Better!"

For my third visit, I knew what the routine should be. I just stripped completely and left the folded gown draped over one knee. They entered the room and the three of us made small talk for a bit while I sat. When the exam started, I just set the gown behind me so I could point out a few areas of concern on my legs. She gave me a thorough exam. I asked sever general skin care question and also about my body scrub and sauna habits at the spa I visit. I wanted to be sure the treatments were not harming my skin. She assured me the were not. She gave me a clean bill of health and said she would see me next year.

It is so nice to have a dermatologist that is just fine with my nudity.

Maybe a bit more than just fine!

This post was edited

I go to a VA dermatologist that I used to work on weekend with in military. He knows I am a nudists as I told him when he was going to start being my dermatologist. I dont have to wear a gown when he performs the full body check. He even has had a few interns come in as he knows I am am open and professional about my nudism as only a portion of my life.

This post was edited

I go to a VA dermatologist that I used to work on weekend with in military. He knows I am a nudists as I told him when he was going to start being my dermatologist. I dont have to wear a gown when he performs the full body check. He even has had a few interns come in as he knows I am am open and professional about my nudism as only a portion of my life.

This post was edited

This post was edited