RE:Introductions

I am also an introvert, as are probably about half of us naturists. Over the years Ive discovered that I, and many other nudists, are less introverted in nude environments. Do you also feel this way? Ive often thought this would be an interesting topic for some psychologist to study.

This post was edited

Wow! That quickly.My worst problem is coming up with the right line three hours later.It's usually the next day for me.

This post was edited

No. No. No. Can't make it about you or the other person -- that puts you in opposition.In the grocery store; So you come here to get bread too ;-)Have to make it about something else so you're both on the same talking about this other thing.

About the bread:
"Do you suppose the yeast scream when they're put into the oven?"
"If you take the next to last loaf, does that make the last loaf feel unwanted?"

"Wouldn't it be more fun if football team names were flowers? In last night's game, the Chrysanthemums totally shredded the Alstroemerias."

This post was edited

Mask mandates have totally set back my supermarket small talk - it makes such a difference with half the face obscured!

Like the third-person/object approach, too. I think I've done that in the past but not as deliberate strategy.

And I thought I pondered these issues deeply... :-D

This post was edited

These are all great ideas. I go to Playalinda and Blind Creek. They both are about the same distance from me.
I will remember this next time I go.
Thanks to all who responded!

This post was edited

Exactly.Once you start conversations, you may be surprised to find how many married men or older men who lost their spouses are in the same situation as you and want nothing more then 'normal' conversation. There are so many things to talk about - gardening, restoring old cars, home repairs, trips, etc, that you will never run out of topics to start conversations with.Flirting in the grocery store can be a lot of fun, but no real desire for it to ever make it past that.

This post was edited

Flirting in the grocery store can be a lot of fun, but no real desire for it to ever make it past that.

It all depends if the person is somewhat remotely acting "NORMAL". There is a city not far from me where I swear most people should be on medication for their delusions (lithium, haldol, etc). Try to have a conversation with someone who is delusional and just makes up stories that are impossible. Try to have a conversation with someone who appears to be normal and then all of a sudden ghosts you with no explanation. Try speaking with someone who does not like what you said or how you look at them and so pulls out a gun and attempts to shoot you (or stab you).
Speaking with people today is much more risky then in days gone past because so many people seem to be angry or have issues. You really need to have a thick skin to deal with this mess and so perhaps being an introvert is not such a bad thing. If all else fails, man's best friend i.e. a dog is always a great solution to avoid dealing with people.

This post was edited

Flirting in the grocery store can be a lot of fun, but no real desire for it to ever make it past that.It all depends if the person is somewhat remotely acting "NORMAL". There is a city not far from me where I swear most people should be on medication for their delusions (lithium, haldol, etc). Try to have a conversation with someone who is delusional and just makes up stories that are impossible. Try to have a conversation with someone who appears to be normal and then all of a sudden ghosts you with no explanation. Try speaking with someone who does not like what you said or how you look at them and so pulls out a gun and attempts to shoot you (or stab you).No one has ever pulled a gun on me or tried to stab me, but there have been people who didn't respond well to my silly question. To which I respond. "I'm really sorry. It was just a joke," and move on.Speaking with people today is much more risky than in days gone past because so many people seem to be angry or have issues. You really need to have a thick skin to deal with this mess and so perhaps being an introvert is not such a bad thing. If all else fails, man's best friend i.e. a dog is always a great solution to avoid dealing with people.My expectations are very low. It's difficult for the other person to be disappointing.

It's just a matter of controlling the situation -- preventing other people from starting a conversation. Beat them to the punch with something wild and silly and they are certain not to approach me. But, understand, I'm otherwise not a control freak. I just don't want strangers to walk up to me and start talking.

This post was edited