RE:What is it you do

I came across a book I think might help the cause. I found it on Amazon. It's Christian Body by Aaron Frost

This post was edited

I came across a book I think might help the cause. I found it on Amazon. It's Christian Body by Aaron Frost
Just finished reading it. Excellent. Not only explains each Bible version concerning nudity or clothing or modesty, but also how culture plays a role in hiding different parts of the human body.

This post was edited

Just finished reading that one. Excellent book.

Another good book is: Famous Fig Leaf. It's a little more gentle in its approach. Although the obvious conclusion is that if you have a problem with nudity, then you are a pervert, it doesn't come right out as say so. Kind of lets the reader figure it out.

Christian Body is not so gentle about it. Nothing is left to the imagination as to where the author stands regarding those who have a problem with nudity.

This post was edited

Gymnophobia: An abnormal and persistent fear of nudity. Sufferers of this phobia experience undue anxiety even though they realize their fear is irrational. They may worry about seeing others naked or being seen naked, or both. Their fear may stem from anxiety about sexuality in general, from a fear that their bodies are physically inferior, or from a fear that their nakedness leaves their bodies--and their personalities--exposed and unprotected.

"Gymnophobia" is derived from the Greek "gymnos" (naked) and "phobos" (fear). The word "gymnasium" comes from the Greek "gymnasion" (a place for athletic exercises) and the Greek "gymnasein" (to train naked).

This post was edited

Gymnophobia: An abnormal and persistent fear of nudity. Sufferers of this phobia experience undue anxiety even though they realize their fear is irrational. They may worry about seeing others naked or being seen naked, or both. Their fear may stem from anxiety about sexuality in general, from a fear that their bodies are physically inferior, or from a fear that their nakedness leaves their bodies--and their personalities--exposed and unprotected.It afflicts about 99 percent of Americans. :)

This post was edited

Smoothie . . . I'm not sure it's quite 99%, but it is damned sure close! Too bad.

This post was edited

I know a lot depends on what part of the country or for that matter what country you live in but at least here in Southern California I believe the number who actually fall into this category is less than 10%

Yes, if you were to ask people how they felt about public nudity the majority would respond they are against it. I feel this is more because that is how they think they should respond rather than what they actually feel.
As I have posted in other places, I base this opinion on actual observation. I have now ridden in 11 World Naked Bike Rides through the streets of Los Angeles and every time the public reaction to seeing a whole bunch of naked people has been overwhelmingly positive.

This post was edited

I think it also depends on how "public" the nudity is.

Most people are going to be opposed to nudity at the supermarket, or at the park or public pool.
A lot less people are going to be opposed to "avoidable" public nudity, like at a specific location or for a specific event.

This post was edited

I agree with others, not wearing a shirt when appropriate and mid-thigh shorts sends a positive signal.

This post was edited

I also mention to people I get some sun in my yard, early and late, vitamin D all over, those sorts of explanations. Mention it in passing, not trying to make a big deal about it, keeping it casual.

This post was edited