RE:Legal Issues of being nude while services (cable company/plumbing/HVAC) are being provided for you

If we don't respect non-nudists in these situations, it only helps to strengthen the negative preconceptions textiles seem to commonly believe, such as that all nudists are exhibitionists and all that nude resorts are full of sexually-overt people. Our genitals may be showing but we're not using them! Anyone reading this post knows better, hopefully, or at least now they do.

This is a real problem for genuine naturists when all the people who say they are naked at all costs and like to show off their bodies calll themselves nudists or naturists. It only hurts those of us who actually are.

This post was edited
This is not a legal issue

This is not a legal issue and shouldn't be thought of one. If someone does not want to see me naked, or hear me whistling out of tune, all they have to do is say so, and something might be done about it. People ask if I mind them smoking cigarettes, talking on phones or taking pictures of things when I'm nude nearby. Not a problem. If me being naked is a problem, they say so and I can go and find some shorts or just leave them to do whatever they are in my home to do. How about a boxer fighting another boxer? if you fight like that, it's a legal permission sort of thing as being hit by someone else, is usually an assault, but because fighting is about being hit, it's never an assault but an expected event due to the nature of the contest and the fact that both fighters take the same known risk of being hurt.

What about those of us who might not be so naturally handsome and good looking? If i haven't washed and shaved, or brushed my teeth or hair, i probably look a bit wild myself. If a tradesperson or a friend calls at my house, am I to panic and find a large paper bag to slip over my head? I don't think so. If any handsome chap came to my door with a bag over his head, i'd probably think i was about to be mugged and hit him hard with a cricket bat. if it happened to be a lawyer at my door, he'd probably appreciate an ambulance being called rather swiftly.

This post was edited
RE:Legal Issues of being nude while services (cable company/plumbing/HVAC) are being provided for you

I would not however "Foist" my lifestyle choice on service providers who come to my home. To do so i believe is tantamount to exhibitionism andnothing more than your desire to be seen naked in my humble opinion.Thats a good observation.

I agree, but if you warn them ahead that you will be nude when they arrive unless they ask you not to be, I think it would be OK.

This post was edited
RE:This is not a legal issue

This is not a legal issue and shouldn't be thought of one. If someone does not want to see me naked, or hear me whistling out of tune, all they have to do is say so, and something might be done about it. People ask if I mind them smoking cigarettes, talking on phones or taking pictures of things when I'm nude nearby. Not a problem. If me being naked is a problem, they say so and I can go and find some shorts or just leave them to do whatever they are in my home to do. How about a boxer fighting another boxer? if you fight like that, it's a legal permission sort of thing as being hit by someone else, is usually an assault, but because fighting is about being hit, it's never an assault but an expected event due to the nature of the contest and the fact that both fighters take the same known risk of being hurt.What about those of us who might not be so naturally handsome and good looking? If i haven't washed and shaved, or brushed my teeth or hair, i probably look a bit wild myself. If a tradesperson or a friend calls at my house, am I to panic and find a large paper bag to slip over my head? I don't think so. If any handsome chap came to my door with a bag over his head, i'd probably think i was about to be mugged and hit him hard with a cricket bat. if it happened to be a lawyer at my door, he'd probably appreciate an ambulance being called rather swiftly.

I agree, but think someone should be warned ahead of time unless they arrive unannounced and one should offer to be dressed if the person wants them to,

This post was edited

In most states in the US, you are legally permitted to be nude in your own home regardless of who might be there. Arkansas is an obvious exception to that rule.

You are not legally obligated to get dressed. If you do not get dressed, the service person is not obligated to stay.

If someone shows up unannounced, I don't get dressed. I don't apologize for my lack of clothing. In fact, I don't even mention it; nude is normal in my house.

Recently had a friend over. He needed to go to the emergency room. I called 911. When the first guy got there, I opened the door. No comment about my lack of clothing. [There is a sign on the door stating that this is a nudist household. It's NOT a warning or caution.]
"I'm here to see [friend's name]. May I come in?"
"Yes, certainly. He's right here."

When the actual ambulance arrived, the first responder guy said, "I saw the sign on your door. I don't want to do or say anything that would be offensive, but one of the people on the ambulance is a woman. Would you be willing to put some sorts on?"
"No. I will not get dressed in my own home; it's a religious issue." [And that's the truth.] "She is a medical professional and it really should not matter. [He nodded ascent to this.] However, I am willing to sit down, if that will help."
He said, "That'll work."

So, I sat down while the ambulance people were in the house. But, honestly, how could simple nudity be shocking or offensive to ANY medical professional?

This post was edited

With regards to service providers, I have posted several times about being seen by our lawn maintenance guy, pool guys, pest control guy, delivery guys/gals (UPS, USPS, FedEx...). It was never intentional and after the first time with the lawn guy and pool guy, I've told every service provider that does work outside our home, that we are nudists and may be naked outside. I ask that they text or call us before their arrival, if they are coming on a different day or different time, so we can either cover up or go inside.

Our lawn guy has since that time, seen me naked out in the backyard and just smiles and waves, as has the pest control guy. I still do not intentionally expose them to my nudity. We now have a pool service person who is female. I've told her and she's fine with it as long as it's not intentional and I've told her it will never be. She's, so far, been the best pool tech we've had and always texts me when she's coming to do work.

Delivery, UPS, USPS, FedEx have seen me naked in our garage but never said a thing or commented. Though I'm naked in our garage with the door open, I still don't purposely expose them to my nudity. I do all I can do camouflage or block my nudity from the neighbors and these delivery people. Food delivery, I will not open the door naked to any of these people. I'm a pretty hardcore nudist but I'm not inconsiderate.

With regards to emergency services, I was a firefighter for 32 years. I have seen more naked people, in their homes, in my career than you can see on a nude beach on a weekend. I didn't ask if they were nudists, but I always asked them to please put on a robe or something. I never had any of them refuse. I understood it was their home, but they called us for help. I wanted the incident to be handled with respect and professionalism. I never made it a point to say, "if you're going to remain naked, we're not coming in to help you." I would expect the same consideration of someone who lives naked to respect my wishes and slip something on. It didn't matter to me, I'm a nudist, but my colleagues were not. As a Captain, I oversaw the entire emergency scene and would dismiss certain firefighters under my supervision if they were at any time, disrespectful or unprofessional.

If we nudists want respect for how we live and what we do, we should also respect those who don't live as we do or do what we do. When we ask them to perform services for us in our home, we should always tell them first or announce that fact that we are nude, before you open the door and let them in. Let them make the choice if they are okay with it. We should not force this lifestyle on anyone that may feel uncomfortable with it. Remember, you invited them to your home. They were considerate enough to respond, you should always return the favor.

This post was edited

"No. I will not get dressed in my own home; it's a religious issue." [And that's the truth.]

Religious issue? Are you an Adamite? I don't know of any other formal religion that brings nudism to the story, though I haven't done the research to know the score.

I also didn't think there were any Adamites left in the world. Are you attempting a revival of the order?

This post was edited

If it's a female nudist homeowner there will likely be no problem, on the other hand, an old guy like me might never see service from any company providing said service in my home again. I don't think it's a legal issue, at least it shouldn't be.

This post was edited

I've changed how I handle this.When we ask them to perform services for us in our home, we should always tell them first or announce that fact that we are nude, before you open the door and let them in. Let them make the choice if they are okay with it.I used to not let service people know in advance that I was a nudist and would be nude in the house. This was almost never a problem. Almost all of the service people recognized they were there to do a job and did it without regard to my lack of artificial adornment.

There were a couple of times when it became an issue.

However, a while back I started telling them I was a nudist when I scheduled the appointment and explained that I would be nude -- giving them the chance to decide whether they wanted my money. So far, no one has refused and there's no surprise at the door.

As far as delivery drivers and unannounced visitors are concerned, I just open the door like anyone else would.

Yes, I understand that textiles suffer with a sexual perversion. But that's something they need to discuss with their mental health professional and they should not be foisting their sexual perversions on others.

This post was edited

Depending where one lives, there might be laws regarding exhibitionism, indecent exposure, etc. What is indecent and shameful about the human body is beyond us but in our society body shaming, etc. is the unfortunate fact!!

This post was edited