RE:Disagreeable Experience at the Gym Today

Georgie didn't write them bill of rights, Tommy did and he, Ben and several other founding fathers took "air baths" regularly.And at the time they were written and beyond, the right to bathe naked in the Potomac was not reserved just for the chief executive.

Not to further stir division here (but definitely to nitpick), Thomas Jefferson (this is Tommy in the above quote, yes?) was not involved in the writing of America's Bill of Rights, with him living in France at the time and serving as our minister to France during the contentious discussions on the Bill of Rights.

Many men were involved in its drafting, but James Madison is called the Father of our Constitution for good reason, and is considered the main man behind much of the Bill of Rights. Indeed, Madison likely used a lot of George Mason's ideas when he wrote the Constitution.

TJ wrote the Declaration of Independence, and that work is from the "Committee of Five", a product of his mind and four other men; John Adams, Ben Franklin, Robert R. Livingston and Roger Sherman. Jefferson wanted Adams to actually pen the document, but Adams supposedly gave Jefferson some drinks to convince him to be the author.

Additionally, in reference to nudity in Spain, Wikipedia says Spanish law does not have any article that prohibits public nudity, so it is therefore always allowed, except in Barcelona where regional laws have changed and nudity or semi-nudity is in fact banned on the streets there since April 2011.

This post was edited

It's the complete opposite of 70s and 80s.I have been told by gay guys that when there are promiscuous gays that are cruising and when they are naked, they don't like those guys assuming they are looking for sex. Other gay guys are afraid if they have erections, straight guys will think they are cruising for them. As a consequence some of the more bashful males may be gay.I think some of the straight guys are afraid of being thought of as gay particularly if they have an erection.Unless there is anything new, I will not post more on Dan. He was there again today and it is obvious that he now has the habit of being naked in the locker room and considers it normal.Back then, the general opinion was that only a gay man would care whether other men saw him nude -- if you're not gay, you'll have no problem walking around the locker room totally nude.

Now, the general opinion is, only a gay guy would want to be seen nude by other men. If you're not gay, stay covered up.

Of course, both are wrong.

This post was edited

Again, amazing. Thanks for posting.This morning where I work out, there was someone on the aisle I have only seen since January. He looks like he is in his 20s and is trying to lose some weight. While he was at his locker and opening it, his towel fell off, and he was standing there naked and with a full erection. He said: "Excuse Me".Dan, who was naked at the time said: "for what?"The guy said: "I don't want to offend you with my boner."Day said: "We are all guys, we all have dicks, and we all understand."No more was said and the new guy did not rush to cover up.

This post was edited

I'm sure this will hurt a lot of feelings, but I for one an]=m sick of being labled 'phobic' simply because I don't live a certain lifestyle. My adult offspring don't live mu nudist lifestyle, yet the aren't laeled 'gymnophobic' and they don't condemn me forbeing a nudist, the accept me and my lifestyle.

Phobia is to have fear and anxiety about something. If your kids aren't afraid of heights, nudity or crowded places, no one can call them acrophobic, gymnophobic ar agorophobic, but they are concepts. Phobias register deeply and trigger anxieties which are hard to explain. It's good that you're open that you're sick of being labelled something, that you are aware of others' feelings and have gratitude that your adult offspring accept you and your lifestyle. I hope you can feel you are doing the same moving forward as well, trigger free of fears. Good luck.

This post was edited

I think you're right.While I am sad they are so afraid of seeing another male naked, I think the second guy has a live and let live approach.Seems as if he doesn't like it, but that he recognizes that it's his issue.

This post was edited

milwaukeew
He would not have objected to your being naked in your first post on this thread. Even though he would not want to see it, he realizes that is appropriate in a locker room.His answer to not wanting to see a naked man in the locker room is to stay out of the locker room. To me, while I disagree with the reason and the choice, his approach is logical and does not interfere with anyone else's expected behavior and does not allow for specious accusation.
I think we see this in exactly the same light. He doesn't like it, so he stays away.

I'd like the opportunity to suggest some reading material for both of them.

Uncovering the Image
Christian Body
Famous Fig Leaf

This post was edited

I guess it's partially the dynamics of the peer group in operation. Obviously the swimming squad peer group is okay with relatively revealing suits and there may even be unofficial competition withing the squad as to whose suit is the most revealing within the attire policy. But then the same peer group (or the larger one of all boys in that same age group) has set the standard of 'wrap your towel around you to change our of your suit' and so to confirm, that's what one does. Some (or many) may notice the incongruity, especially in a locker room with others less concerned, but are not prepared to step beyond the peer group's norm. That may take a little boldness, including becoming known in the group as the one who did break the norm, which may not sit well with many. I know I've been there in the past, hopefully less inclined to just conform now I'm older.

This post was edited

Entropy Boy*, BlgDudeMan, strikes again.Do you ever overhear a conversation that doesnt [sic] involve dicks?

*Entropy Boy thinks entropy is a super power. Pretends to be a nudist but never makes a positive contribution to a discussion.

This post was edited

Unless you've talked with these individuals, we can only 'think' we know what they are up to.

This post was edited

Absolutely.Unless you've talked with these individuals, we can only 'think' we know what they are up to.

This post was edited