So I have fallen off the Keto Bus

I really had a great success last September. Wife and I tried Maria Emmerich's 30 day Keto cleanse. I boosted my start on it with a 3 day fast. I lost 27 pounds in the first 30 days. I was in Keto, no doubts. Learned a lot about myself during that time. That meal plan and intermittent fasting revealed quite interesting results. We continued the diet for another 2 1/2 weeks but the weight loss really slowed down. Best part was the drop in my blood sugar and blood pressure. I, highly recommend her diets.

Like I said, I've fallen off, but I plan on catching one of the next ones. I never feel like I adapt to the foods. My carb addiction is too strong. We will be repeating the cleanse soon but right now, summertime and vacation is making it an easy opt out from healthier eating.

This topic was edited
RE:So I have fallen off the Keto Bus

Back on the Bus!

Been going strong on a 3 week Keto Cleanse. About 10 more days to go. Feel great, it was easy to adapt.

This post was edited
RE:So I have fallen off the Keto Bus

Back on the Bus!

I am with you on that. Staying on the Keto diet has been wonderful for me. I've gone from 2000 mg of Metformin per day to 500mg. My fasting glucose is within normal levels. My wife and I are back on the Keto cleanse, this is my 3rd week and I am down over 5 kilos (11pounds).

I've been doing some research (the time killing kind, not the scientific laboratory studies) and I am learning more about carb addiction. For me, I feel a real draw to that. Right now I could knock out a ag of chips like nobody's business. The success I am having with the cleanse keeps me motivated to stay on. I try to limit my cheats to keto foods, a drumstick, single serving of tuna in oil, spoon full of marinated mushrooms, ..., stuff like that.

Over my years, I've "got back into shape" many times' an ever increasing painful process. I am out of shape now. One thing I do is streching. Waiting for that coffee to brew (drankin' it black) is a great little window to get in some stretching. Energy just seems to flow with an ease afterwards. This would be a great way to help you ease into a little more physical activity.

YOU CAN DO IT!
Years back I wanted to do a mini Triathlon but felt I was too out of shape. Then in a local SoCal sports mag I found a female sprint triathlete who posted a simple training schedule. I looked at it and to my surprise it looked doable. I DID IT and participated in my first sprint triathlon and completed it. This is just a story to say, find a goal and move towards it. It helps to have a little menu. Maria's plan I mentioned above is a great asset. The dishes are delicious, some of the best eating I have ever done and I've lost weight.

I think I'll have to stick with the cleanse for 2 months, I'd like to lose 15 to 20 kilos. I'm hoping my carb addiction will wane over time. I am glad with this modest loss so far I feel generally better BP and BG are down, belly is much tighter, face smaller, ... These rewards help keep me motivated.

This post was edited