G STRINGS

In Australia, more and more girls and young women are wearing g string bikinis. I don't have a problem with that because some girls look sensational (although some should give it a miss). I have never seen a guy wearing one at the beach, in fact normal beach attire for blokes is board shorts, it's only some people of my age that tend to wear speedos. My question is to the girls here, do you think guys wearing g strings on the beach is a good look?

This topic was edited
RE:G STRINGS

In Australia, more and more girls and young women are wearing g string bikinis.
The comment of my wife about g string bikinis was "They should better go nude".

This post was edited

I agree with your wife, a G String brings emphasis to the vagina that nudity doesn't.

This post was edited

Isn't it interesting that nude is almost always less sexual than skimpily clad?I agree with your wife, a G String brings emphasis to the vagina that nudity doesn't.

This post was edited

Isn't it interesting that nude is almost always less sexual than skimpily clad?I agree with your wife, a G String brings emphasis to the vagina that nudity doesn't.

Yes, those three little patches of cloth draw attention to the parts that the wearer does not want you to see. About the only thing we don't know is how much hair has been removed and the size of the areola.

This post was edited

Well, there is plenty and compelling anthropological evidence that body covering, clothing, was primarily "invented" not for protection, "modesty" (which is a man-made concept anyway, there is no "modesty" in nature), etc. those came later, but for sexual attraction!!!

This post was edited

An interesting theoryclothing, was primarily "invented" ... for sexual attraction!!!but I don't think so. Man was millions of years nude and began to dress when they reached the colder parts of the world. People in Africa and Australia remain nude. People there believed in a world of good and bad ghosts. Some of them mainly women protected their body orifices against bad ghosts with some kind of clothing sometimes only symbolic with a string. Clothing for sexual attraction is an invention of the clothed part of the world.

This post was edited

Look at some cultures where everyday nudity is the norm. They mainly decorate themselves for festivals, fertility rites, etc. Sometimes for war too but that is all together a different subject and topic. Papua New Guinea is a good example. Magellan was surprised at the natives of Tierra del Fuego, who despite the cold weather and snow, were practically naked.

This post was edited

milwaukeew wrote:

The last time I was at Tybee Island, Georgia, I also saw that. Some of the bikini bottoms showed more butt than not and were light colors so that the vulva was also on display. The barely covered and see through bikini bottoms were calling more attention to the vulvas than not. Some of the girls looked like they were not old enough to drive. I dont think it is okay. The nearby boys were showing obvious excitement, seemed to feel free to grab bare buttocks, and for the boys and girls to learn that is the focus of their interaction is not good.If everyone is naked, then it does not draw attention to any part of the body. However, sexy and sexual display is different.When a girl is wearing something like that in order to call attention to her buttocks, butt crack, and vulva, she is obviously displaying herself for sexual attraction. Either she is trying to have sex or what we used to call a tease. It is not good for girls or boys to think that is the way they should interact. Her sexual offerings should not be the focus.

I think you've brought this up before. My reaction then was, and still is, that these girls might also have chosen to be as nude as possible at a beach where true nudity is forbidden. I'm sure they also like to feel like they're dressing in style, like the other girls do. It's true that a bikini bra's presence calls more attention to their breasts than a modest one-piece suit does, in the same way that a man's G string calls more attention to his penis than board shorts do. It calls more attention to their breasts than its absence would, for the same reason. But if the absence isn't permitted at that beach, then wearing little is better than wearing a lot.

And I don't think that if a girl dresses that way at the beach, a boy or man can assume that she wants to get laid. If the boys come to that conclusion, that only means that they haven't been trained to behave themselves around scantily clad women. If they're grabbing the girl's buttocks, it's is as out of line as if they were doing it anywhere else. Yeah, boys have hormones. If they haven't been accustomed to seeing naked people, then they might react to nudity and near-nudity erotically. But that doesn't give them license to misbehave. And where do boys learn to be gentlemen? From older men and women. It's on us to teach them by word and example.

This post was edited

For us as naturists, nudity is very common. At most nude campsites or resorts it is quite normal to walk in the sun all day long. Sure you always look at everyone, but the sexual thought is a lot less. Unless something nice comes along, but everyone has that to take a better look. Only the sexual thought is quite different.

A piece of cloth immediately adds something else to it, the madness of guessing what's underneath. A beautiful sexy bikini or a beautiful sexy thong. Most women find that super sexy to wear themselves. And what the men think is their choice. Nowadays you can also see more women over 40+/60+ wearing a thong on many ordinary beaches in Europe. Now that is not always sexy, but many women can have that own sexy feeling. Let it go. But, it's more and more seen as normal to walk like this. Because everyone feels whether you are confident in your shoes. And nowadays you also see a large number of men who walk like this, so that too is seen more as normal. Wearing is therefore more and more experienced as normal, only there are perverts who have different thoughts about it. So, watch hands off.

This post was edited

milwaukeew wrote:
I am not calling for swimsuits that hide. Normal swim suits that dont accentuate genitals and buttocks are fine even though when they are wet, they cling and little is really hidden. I am agreeing to the original post that swimwear that accentuate and call attention to genitals and buttocks are part of the problem.

It's a paradox, isn't it? Victorian swimwear covered everything, and wasn't considered sexy.

Modern one-piece swimsuits were considered scandalous when they came out.

Then the two-piece swimsuit came out, and one-piece swimsuits were considered modest.

Then the bikini came out, and the previous two-piece swimsuits were considered modest.

Then the thong bikini with the bras that barely covered the nipples came out, and the bikini was considered modest.

And when the swimsuit is entirely eliminated, that's the most scandalous of all, in the minds of society, although the effect in my mind is to largely eliminate the sexual component.

Similarly, for men it was first knee-length shorts, then suits cut like underwear briefs, then Speedos, then G-strings that covered the genitalia and nothing else. At each point, there were people crying "That's going too far!"

It's all a measure of what community standards are prevailing at the moment.

This post was edited