RE:Illinois Beach State Park

Thank you for the reports. I hope the crowds thin out for more nude opportunities.

This post was edited

On the hottest day of the year so far, didn't see anyone in the altogether, or even thongs.

I was only in the south nature area from like 8:45 to noon, crowds were building but there was also a nature tour going on near the dead river... and I needed more liquids.

Some areas have seen some recovery (Hosah Park, the south nature area), others are worse -- the north nature area is gone all the way to the main trail, but it's created a few nice secluded coves, with no way for a ranger to drive in (but they have been seen on foot in the past).

The lake was too cold to swim, a brief waist-deep wade was numbing.

This post was edited

Has anyone heard of the beach at Waukegan? It's north of the public beach and right behind the power plant. I have been there a few times during the week and come across one or two nudists who said they have never had a problem there.

Anyone else have any experience there?

This post was edited

i was there a few years ago. the regulars like it better than Zion because there is really only one access to the beach. with the dead river to the north, you have great privacy and great sight lines with ample warning to the south where the entrance is. i found the north end of the waukegan beach to be very nice and relaxing. not like zion with people and rangers showing up from various locations.

This post was edited

How does this work? Park at North Beach and walk as far north as you can?

This post was edited

Where are you parking for the Waukegan beach? Seems like a long walk from North Beach to the power plant. Are the flies just as bad?

This post was edited

Monday August 23. I went to North beach in Waukegan. I didn't see any rangers or law enforcement. I didn't see anyone nude. I went north on the beach around 4:30 and left around 6:30. 2 people walked the whole beach, both in their 40's. After they left, I did a bit of skinny dipping and also a bit of nude tanning. It was a nice beach. 1st time being here.

This post was edited

We've heard about this place can't wait to check it out.

This post was edited

Looks like weather is to be good today and tomorrow. Anyone heading to the beach?

This post was edited

The beach at Waukegan is even better then the State Park. Nowhere for anyone to sneak up on you. Message me if you want information.

This post was edited