A good reason for not wearing pants

I have done a lot of home renovation and repair over the last fifty years and as I approach one more birthday, I've come to finally notice that wearing pants makes it much harder to get up. Many jobs require kneeling or sitting on the floor. Pants make it more difficult to get my foot underneath rather than behind me. Any others out there?

This topic was edited
RE:A good reason for not wearing pants

Never noticed that.
By the way, which is more significant to you, the reason for not wearing pants noted here or the reason for wearing them in your other post?

This post was edited

It depends on the job and the level of confinement while on it. In tight places not having pants on would be the preferred choice. If the space is more open, it would not matter. In the open spaces the challenge is getting up without something to grab. It seems that this old body is deteriorating by the minute and even when nude getting my center of gravity over my feet is just not that easy any more.

This post was edited

I do everything at home completely and totally naked and always have. Yes without any cumbersome clothes in the way - you have complete body movement. It's also incredibly more comfortable and natural to work naked anyway. naked man

This post was edited

The job I did first thing this morning was to go out and blow snow, not something to do naked at only six degrees. I found that my insulated Carhart bibs restrict even more than just pants when trying to climb into the cab of my tractor.

This post was edited

Depends on what kind of work youre doing. If I could get away with cutting my grass (which takes about two hours on a zero turn lawnmower) Id only wear shorts bc of dust and stuff getting in places it shouldnt. If its building something, Id have to put clothes on to protect myself. I helped build my house and I know what goes into that, banging boobs, dust in crevices!

But I love being nude anytime, mostly outside under the warm sun. Now see, Im daydreaming. Its so gloomy and cold here in Missouri today. :-(

This post was edited

If I am mowing the lawn I wear shorts but never pants. If it's real hot I will mow nude. I use a zero turn and it takes me about hour and half. If I had pants it would be unbearable. So when hot I have 2 garden hoses hooked up and on that I drive up to lash water on me. If I get grass and dust on me I wash it off when I am washing the mower off.

This post was edited

Depends on what kind of work youre doing. If I could get away with cutting my grass (which takes about two hours on a zero turn lawnmower) Id only wear shorts bc of dust and stuff getting in places it shouldnt. If its building something, Id have to put clothes on to protect myself. I helped build my house and I know what goes into that, banging boobs, dust in crevices!But I love being nude anytime, mostly outside under the warm sun. Now see, Im daydreaming. Its so gloomy and cold here in Missouri today. :-(

I agree, that's one of a few reasons we installed an outdoor shower at our previous home and have one at this home. We had one at our very first house, but it was connected to the patio water spicket with a garden hose. The next two were plumbed with hot and cold water. Nothing like a real shower outside!

I used to mow our own lawns, get dirt and grass up crevices and could have jumped in our pool, but having a shower was a better option. We have two couples that are close friends and nudists. They both live on acreage, one in CO and one in WA. They both use riding lawnmowers and were stating that being naked and doing that work had them experiencing the same things you're experiencing. Both didn't have outdoor showers til I showed them what I'd done at our homes after they came to visit. They both went home and put in outdoor showers.

Hope it warms up for you soon. I think we're all looking forward to Spring. Some, more than others!! ;D

This post was edited

I would love an outdoor shower! I would do so many things different here at my place if I could. Hopefully one day!

This post was edited

Depends on what kind of work youre doing. If I could get away with cutting my grass (which takes about two hours on a zero turn lawnmower) Id only wear shorts bc of dust and stuff getting in places it shouldnt. If its building something, Id have to put clothes on to protect myself. I helped build my house and I know what goes into that, banging boobs, dust in crevices!But I love being nude anytime, mostly outside under the warm sun. Now see, Im daydreaming. Its so gloomy and cold here in Missouri today. :-(

I usually wear only shorts, socks and shoes to cut the grass. What do you wear? Why can't you wear just shorts?

This post was edited

The more I have to wear, the more restrictive it gets and the harder to move and manuver. Loose clothing is not near as restrictive, but then it's loose and catches on things worse. Nude is really the best unless one has to wear something for some reason.

This post was edited