RE:A dictatorship underway in Italy

all the back and forth the politicizing of the vaccine for covid, even as a temporary aid, should never have happened, and the continued disinformation and misinformation should have been delt with swiftly , and certainly , it has caused thousands more deaths and suffereing, . They should have been made to be accountabe . Fredom of speach does have limitations. especialy when it comes to death, and harm

This post was edited

Isn't that exactly what I said at the beginning of this discussion?.
It's odd that we say the same but it has an absolutely opposite meaning for us.

This post was edited

A des degrs divers, nous vivons dans de nombreux pays une dictature qui s'installe dans la peur et car les personnes sont restes trop longtemps des moutons par rapport leurs gouvernement s respectifs.La rsistance s'est fait attendre!Les naturistes sont des adeptes de la libert et donc hostile toute forme de dictature comme vous vivez en Italie ;La France en prend le chemin aussi!

This post was edited

mensasnem said:

Isn't that exactly what I said at the beginning of this discussion?You can't compare the covid virus with measles, mumps etc. but with the flu virus. Here you need every year a new vaccination because the virus changes. The covid virus is like the flu virus but much more dangerous.The only comparison between actual vaccines/inoculations/immunizations and covid shots is that they are all injections. The comparison ends there.And, yes, the vaccines/inoculation/immunizations for measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, polio, small pox, cow pow, chicken pox, etc., all provide immunity -- that's why you can get the shot and be done with it. That's how small pox was irradiated -- because the vaccine provides immunity.

Again, incorrect. As you can see from the CDC at www.cdc.gov/smallpox/vaccine-basics/index.html the smallpox vaccine, for example, only provides 3-5 years protection. The reason it is effective is because there was a mass program vaccinating everyone and it created herd immunity. From what a doctor friend was telling me, there are differences in how a body detects and ramps up to fight viruses that it has learned to fight as well as how viruses replicate and present themselves in the body, thus the differing amount of time a vaccine works.

Polio is still not completely eradicated because in a few countries misinformation was spread about the vaccine. One that I know from traveling there is Nigeria, where some tribal leaders were convinced that the polio vaccine was something the CIA created to control them, so they stopped vaccination efforts and polio still exists there, though not a lot of cases because some people are vaccinated.

I also saw a report about how Russian and North Korean internet trolls are essentially laughing their heads off because theyve posted and started so much of the misinformation and people have gobbled it up and spread it just like the virus. Thus theyve achieved what they set out to do, destabilize western countries and economies.

This post was edited

I have just read this post and all of the responses to it. The debate over vax or no vax is in every publication around the world. Yes people have a choice... Personally, I'll go with science !BUT, nowhere in all of this discourse did I see any reference to our way of lfe as nudists...The word nude, nudist, nudism ,is NEVER mentioned.In my opinion, this thread does NO BELONG here, and should be shut downWe all have a right to our opinions, and that is mine. Thank you for letting me express it !I agree with keysman60. Let us leave our differences like clothes behind. Let us just be naked without complicating everything. Have a good week ahead.

I like the sentiment of just getting naked and getting along. But sadly, reality is not that simple. When is it ever as simple as the pithy bromides we wish were true? Now nudist resorts are trying to play God (which some call Government with a capital G) by restricting access based on COVID policy. So we cannot escape the need to work this out.

My two cents: For the love of God, everyone needs to stop calling public policy SCIENCE. Political policy is NOT biomedical science. Even if it has a nexus to some scientific finding, policy is still a political animal. Nor is political science biomedical science. If you distrust public policy you are NOT anti-science. Because policy is not the same thing as science, equating the two does not advance discussion, but rather, derails discussion and puts us back on the Animal Farm. Please, please stop drinking that KoolAde. By way of disclosure, I am triple vaxed and I am a professional scientist. Let us agree to stop (deliberately) conflating public policy with science. Then maybe we can have a rational discussion.

This post was edited