RE:Clothing Optional or Clothing Not Allowed??? Any Preferance? .

By nudony:

I had another thought last night.My wife and I were talking about some of the nudists we know and met at the resort. One couple in particular came to mind; and thinking about them brought me to the realization:I've never seen them dressed.

Great post.!

This post was edited

Love the idea that clothing optional is merely a concession to newbies, the weather or participants with hesitant spouses who are happy to at least come along.

Has this been codified in any meaningful way beyond some specific resorts?

This post was edited

How do clothing not allowed locations deal with cold or wet weather?

This post was edited

I don't think I could keep my clothes on for three visits. :-D

For my first CO beach visit I walked the length on the beach in my swimsuit (Sunnyside North; perhaps 600m end-to-end) before coming back a little way and finding a spot to 'fully participate'. I felt a little guilty at taking that long to drop the suit...

This post was edited

We went to the Halloween dance at WTR and had a blast!

This post was edited

We went to the Halloween dance at WTR and had a blast!

This post was edited

Always interesting to see some folks talk about their preference to be clothes free and how it is often denied and the set about denying others a preference in order to get their own. How exactly does that work. I am reminded of this statement from Marc Alain Descamps naturist philosopher and fervent advocate of naturism ans a way of life.

Naturism should never be imposed on those who do not want it. Many people are very ashamed of their body, their sex and are traumatized by the sight of the human body, so they can never get naked. And it is necessary to respect their state, as in the various phobias. Many people cant stand the sight of mice, spiders or snakes and you shouldnt force them.

If we want others to respect our preference shouldnt we also respect theirs?

This post was edited

homeclothesfree wrote:

If we want others to respect our preference shouldn't we also respect theirs?

I agree. For some people, it may take more than three or four visits to adjust to the new situation, particularly if they've come from a background of puritanism or sexual abuse. I'd rather tell them, "Be comfortable with us. When you're ready, you're ready."

This post was edited

homeclothesfree wrote:

If we want others to respect our preference shouldn't we also respect theirs?

Yes, and as it has been discussed here many times about getting a spouse to join in, it has to be their decision not anyone elses. If they arent sure about it but are willing to dip their toe, how can they get comfortable iftheyare pushed all the way in immediately?

This post was edited

I think everyone has the right to do things at their own pace

This post was edited