Lake O The Woods | Valparaiso, IN

Looking for some nudist friends to visit Lake O The Woods club with sometime before the end of summer. The club is located in Valparaiso, Indiana & is filled with hiking trails, beaches, pool, sports, etc.

This topic was edited
RE:Lake O The Woods | Valparaiso, IN

Were not going this season but have visited last year. Extremely Nice people very welcoming to us and what we appreciated is they do not put up with non-sense. I did learn after we checked in they did a background check on us when Luann made reservations for a couple days . All good things in my opinion.

This post was edited

We would not mind joining you. When?

This post was edited

LOTW is the wife and I's "primary venue." We were there this week end; probably for the last time this year (sighs); as summer comes to a close.

I have mostly good things to say about it. The resort is "technically" nude mandatory; but it is not enforced so there is no pressure to be naked. Nonetheless the vast majority of people there choose to stay naked throughout the resort. The biggest perk of the venue: Sager Lake. You can canoe, pedal-boat, swim, paddle-board; and because there is another beach on the other side of the lake, you can alternate between hiking around the lake and being on/in it. Some people lounge on the primary beach while others lounge by the pool. A few prefer the isolation and quiet of the secondary beach (which is really more of a deck).

After visiting several nudist resorts, my wife unanimously declared her preference for LOTW. The main draw is the lake; as she really enjoys paddle-boarding and wading. It's a personal preference; but after visiting C/O resorts where most people are covered outside the pool area, she has found that she's comfortable staying nude around the entire resort, since that's the common practice there. So she doesn't feel "weird" about exploring and being active around the resort grounds naked. When we arrive we check in, go back to the car, get naked, walk over to the main beach and sit right by the water. After relaxing for a bit we usually grab a paddle-board; and after some exercise, have lunch, relax a bit more and head to the swimming pool. And we go back and forth a few times during the day; generally leaving at dusk; and bemoaning having to get dressed after an entire day spent naked.

The social factor though is "just ok." There are cliques; and it can be a little difficult to "break through." But that doesn't mean people aren't generally nice when approached. And single males are well received.

Next year we are planning on going much more often.

This post was edited

Nudony I would say after our only visit there a couple years ago you had a pretty much the same take away we had. Thats not to say the members were not kind to us what so ever! One has to keep in mind clubs see visitors come and go weekly
with mostly good but a few bad actors. I almost view it as lets sit back and watch how this plays out. The lake is beautiful and do have a lot to offer for a small club.

This post was edited

Nudony I would say after our only visit there a couple years ago you had a pretty much the same take away we had.

Hopefully you can make it back next year!

The wife and I just got back from there today. We thought our earlier trip would be our last; but the 90 degree weather today compelled us to return one last time. We said our "goodbyes" and "see you next year" to the people we know there. The resort is closing after next week end - until next May.

Liz has agreed to "double up" on the number of visits we do every summer. She feels right at home there now, and is fully on board with making "naked time" at LOTW more of a priority. So if all goes well next year, we should be there very frequently.

This post was edited

Nudony I would say that's a win win for all !

This post was edited

I was able to stay there during a business trip since are a couple rental cabins. Unfortunately after a bike ride around and short dip in the pool it rained buckets the rest of the evening and nobody in the clubhouse to visit with. But the accommodations in the rental was great. Definately will make more time for a return trip.

This post was edited