Outdoor shower issues

I have had an outdoor shower off the side of the house facing the woods for the past six years. Our park was recently just bought by another people of what I call, the offended generation. I was informed in writing that I could keep an outside shower but I had to make changes. It had to match the house. Meaning it had to be made of white vinyl to match my white vinyl siding. The walls had to be long enough as not to expose neither feet nor head. The door was to be facing my backyard with a proper door. It all seems crazy being who am I hiding from or offending in my own backyard when I'm showering. And the fact a good many of my neighbors and myself are all members of the nudist resort next door. I complied and I'm now too looking into my rights of privacy in my yard being I pay such as a tenant would on a rented home for which my home sits on. And they also won't allow privacy fencing. Seems that we nudists are slowly losing our rights to be free of clothes in this country

This topic was edited
RE:Outdoor shower issues

Sounds to me like you must be in some sort of HOA. I would never want to be a part of one of those.

This post was edited

Sounds to me like you must be in some sort of HOA. I would never want to be a part of one of those.
We moved out to the country to get away from such nuisances.

This post was edited

Can't blame you for that!

This post was edited

We sold our country home up north and moved permanently to our Florida home. In November the previous owners sold out the park and never made mention of it even being for sale. The new owners are running the place now as though they own everything including the homes. They themselves are running it like an HOA but no there isn't one established here. Wish we hadn't sold our other home now.

This post was edited

So there is no HOA and you are letting them tell you what you can and cant do on your property? Id tell them to kiss my naked @$$! If your shower is in your backyard then you are not obligated to redo it to fit their standards. You have rights and should stand up for them. If they do t want to see you in your backyard, they dan build a private fence. Sorry but Id have a face to face with them and let them know, without a doubt, that they run NOTHING. On my property. This makes my blood boil! Who do they think they are!!!? Sorry, just hate bullies.

This post was edited

We've owned three homes and this current home is the only one where we have an HOA. I hate them, I really hate them. They state that their reason for existing is to keep homeowners from devaluing other homes in the development. But these so-called members of the community are just on a power trip. When there's nothing to complain about, they'll find the most miniscule issue and make a big deal out of it. I have fought with our HOA numerous times and have gotten them to back down. They are typically unequal in their enforcement and when I've shown them that, they very quickly drop their complaint with us.

This post was edited

It sounds like you have a legal problem on your hands. I'm a aware of places (including even skyscrapers in downtown locations) where a party owns the building on leased land. However, I'm not aware of how property rights are defined by law. I would start by asking them to send you a copy of the regulations to which they are referring. If they aren't public laws and you haven't previously agreed to follow them, chances are they have no authority to bully you.
When I lived in a condo, there were strict rules regarding such matters. On one hand, they were a pain in the ass. On the other hand, I knew what they were and how expectations were defined. I imagine that any party which exercises such rights must state and provide them clearly. Otherwise they can try to control the wattage of you lightbulbs and the thickness of your house: are they up to their regulations? I also imagine that homeowners/dwellers have a right to participate in this process. That's where you hold your power, but only if you fight them collectively. If there were no agreements on your part to follow rules by the previous owners, I imagine it's difficult for the new owners to claim such rights.
Research this as a legal matter. Get some legal help without necessarily hiring lawyers. If you can point holes in their demands by referencing your specific legal rights (especially citing ordinances, etc.) then the bullies have to back off. If the new owners are violating your legal rights, they know they are opening themselves to lawsuits.
Another matter is to look at anything they use to market your park. You have the right to negatively impact their marketing, but that is also a problem if you wish to sell and don't want to shoot yourself in the foot.
Good luck!

This post was edited

I've seen news stories of different guys getting reported for being nude and the police doing nothing about it because the guy wasn't doing anything sexual and he was on his own property -- despite being in full public view. One store was about a guy who lived in a housing tract. He was routinely nude in his front yard -- mowing, watering, doing other yard work, etc. With sidewalk, street, and other houses right there.

Not sure how that applies to where you live and your situation, but it would be worth looking into.

This post was edited

people like them park owner's often get ordinances changed to suit them "quietly" because no one is looking or watching then they hit you with it .. check the dates of the ordinance changes or etc. That sorta stuff happens often in small rural town and villages especialy in conservative states.

This post was edited

Thanks for all the replies. We have talked amongst ourselves about an inquire with an attorney to see where we stand. Problem is, most don't want to foot any part of the costs. They want the free benefits

This post was edited