Morfa Dyffryn Signs

Hey Cymro,

Just checking what has happened to the signs at either end of the nude zone of Morfa? Were they taken away or blown away by the storms? Was there yesterday but my partner and I assumed that they blew away this winter. We got naked anyway was a lovely warm day.

This topic was edited
RE:Morfa Dyffryn Signs

They have a history of being blown/washed away every winter. There used to be a geocache hidden on one of them, but the cache owner gave up a couple of years ago having got fed up of having to replace it every year. I'm surprised the council haven't got fed up of replacing the signs year after year.

I can remember a time when there weren't any signs. The beach wasn't 'official' but was well known and survived well like that for over 50 years. All the signs do is restrict the area available to Naturists, by making false statements about nudity not being allowed outside the marked region - there is no law against it providing you're not trying to deliberately upset someone.

I suspect the signs will be replaced in due course.

This post was edited

Hey,

Yes thats what we thought. As I said we stripped off anyway. My partner is a lawyer and regularly says eff it, as do I, on any beach in the uk.

Thanks for the background information

This post was edited

Good for both of you!
Am looking forward to getting back to the beach, just keeping a watch on forecats for Tal-Y-Bont as that seems to reflect the local weather for the beach so much better than the general area

This post was edited

First time I ever went I couldnt find the signs. Id looked up the beach before my visit and knew there were signs to mark the nude section. I got there super early hoping to get comfortable before the crowds arrived and for the life of me couldnt find the officially marked nude section. Not knowing it very well at the time I guessed where the nude bit was based on the distance I thought I was from the car park (after walking up and down a bit searching first). As other people started arriving and the beach got busier I was surprised to see no other nudists as Id been told it was really busy in good weather. Everyone I saw walking about and setting up camp was in beachwear. After Id been there quite a while a passing nudist (still clothed at the time) told me I was still a way off the nude section and walked me to roughly where it started. Now the beach was much busier it was pretty obvious where the nude section was. As we headed there the number of clothed beach-goers dropped off to pretty much nothing before the rest of the nudists came into view further up the beach. I thanked him for helping me and found a spot to settle down again and recover from my embarrassment.

This post was edited

I've been told that they actually get taken down these days as they've been washed away so many times over the years... watch that space they will be back soon enough. Just wish I could have been there today :D

This post was edited

Great story Jayne - i'm feeling your embarrassment!
The 1st time I went there was literally no-one on the beach (mid-week) and without the signs I would have no clue.
When the signs are back and the beach is busy, presumably we'll still have a load of us nudists directed into a relatively small part of the beach and a bit far from the car-park? Surely another 100m closer to the car-park wouldn't hurt anyone?
Looking forward to being back but still a bit chilly for me!

This post was edited

Hello everyone,
I have never been on Morfa Dyffryn beach as yet but hopefully I will take a trip up from Pembrokeshire this summer as soon as I get my health back to some sort of normality. Anyway I know it has nothing to do with the present subject of the beach signs, but is there any easy access to the nude part of the beach for wheelchair or some sort of disabled access as I have a friend who is a keen nudist but is also has to use a wheelchair?? And if anyone does not mind has anyone any knowledge of other beaches around the Welsh coast that will tolerate nude bathing. Thanks everyone and have a happy nude summer this year, stay safe.
Steve.

This post was edited

You can park on the Dyffryn Seaside Estate car park - for a fee when it's busy/in season or free when its not.
It's still a 15 minute walk over the sand as Jayne says which makes it rather inaccessible.

This post was edited

I was there on Easter Monday and the signs are back and just as incorrect as ever!

Yes, they 'allow' nude sunbathing and swimming on the section of the beach they have chosen to designate as a Naturist beach, but they also threaten Naturists with prosecution if they sunbathe or swim naked outside that region. Under what law will they prosecute? They don't say and there is a good reason for that: There is no law against it.

They also don't say anything about walking naked, only sunbathing and swimming. Nor do they say how far beyond the signs or how far inland from the beach you have to go for the normal law of the land to take over and allow us to be naked again, so I'm guessing 0 feet...

I would have been ok with them asking us to wear something as we come and go and I would advocate doing that or at least showing the same caution and respect as we usually do on naked walks in the countryside or on the many unofficial Naturist beaches, but I'm not ok with threats.

In short, those signs are all about trying to create a myth that nudity is illegal anywhere other than where they give us permission and that is simply not right.

This post was edited