First time nude with other people.

I am a heavier person, I mostly go nude in my home or outdoors in my backyard. I want to start socializing with other nudists. I am self conscious of my body even though I have lost several pounds. In your personal opinions, what do most nudists say and notice about a new person that is over weight. What would be the best way to overcome the shyness of being nude the first time with people you dont know in a social situation?

This topic was edited
RE:First time nude with other people.

You said it in your last sentence. You don't know anyone else and they do not know you either. So don't care about what others might think. There will certainly be nobody looking at you, pointing and laughing, Just be prepared to smile and say hello as if you were clothed. And that's the point. Your extra weight is just as obvious when you are clothed. Are you self consious then? If not, pretend that you are wearing something until you get comfortable. Lastly, go on nudist sites and You Tube and watch and listen to what true nudists have to say about their lifestyle. You will see many of them with bodies that are lumpy and bulging. Young, evenly tanned, and fit is not the norm in these videos.

This post was edited

I reckon there's less judgement among nudists. How many times in the textile world do you hear a suggestion that a swimwear style is inappropriate for such a body shape? I've never come across an equivalent in a nude context.

This post was edited

I might suggest a beach. You can go, do your own thing, and get used to the feeling of being naked around others.
Also, you'll probably see a range of body types, including your own.

This post was edited

I reckon there's less judgement among nudists. How many times in the textile world do you hear a suggestion that a swimwear style is inappropriate for such a body shape? I've never come across an equivalent in a nude context.

I've heard them replies on a textile beach also.

This post was edited

I'm a "heavier person, " too, as you can see from my posted pictures. But I had the fortune of getting acquainted with nudism fifty-plus years ago, when I was skinny. So I didn't have the first-time situation you have.

But I would reassure you that heavier people are as common as more "normal" people in the nudist places I've been to. It's not a subject of concern at all. The whole point of nudism is to be comfortable in your body, and it's a natural corollary to allow other people to be comfortable in their bodies, too. People who don't do so really don't have a clue as to what nudism and naturism is all about.

This post was edited

I worried about being nude with others for a long time before I "took the plunge". I finally worked up the courage to visit a landed nudist club, it was clothing optional, but I went nude from the start. In no time at all I became completely at ease nude. The other nudists, some clothed some nude were very friendly and accepting, and there was every body shape there, the same as in the textile world. I encourage you to go ahead and try social nudism, I'm sure you won't regret it.

This post was edited

My first times were with a freind and sometimes other friends of his in a private pool. No problem. I had showered after gym with some of them, so what is there to worry about?
The first few times at a nude beach were a little awkward, but it didn't take me too long to get comfortable.

This post was edited

in my opinion, being bigger is something we learned from media feeds that feeds us with how we should look like. As long as you are comfortable with yourself and heathy, you have nothing to worry about. What other nudist told me once i went naked, nudism/naturism is not how you look like. It is a lifestyle. What really matters is that you're a good person. Just go for it. Close your eyes and open your mind when you meet other nudists. Hope you'll enjoy.

This post was edited

Being a bigger person, I can safely say that I have never heard any judgmental remarks at any of the social events and venues I have attended. I think in general, nudists are friendlier and more accepting in real life than online. Something about hiding behind a screen seems to bring out the worst in some people. Find a near by resort or beach, have a few drinks , relax, smile and let it all hang out. The first 5 minutes is the toughest part.

This post was edited

That is an easy one. Go there when not many people are there. Keep a little distance to the other people. (When you feel secure you can walk around and get closer to them). Do it step by step. Stay there one or two hours not more. But at least stay there each week. Do your indifference training. You will see it will be fun, nobody is interested in your body shape.

This post was edited