RE:Would you shave your beard off for any reason?

It would have to be required for some medical reason.

If my job absolutely required it -- shave or quit -- I'd get a different job.

This post was edited

I would grudgingly shave off my beard of 34 years for medical reasons or if someone really special to me would ask me to (that person currently likes my beard).

This post was edited

Not sure at this point. It would have to be a pretty serious reason.
I have had a beard off and on for many years and now that I'm retired there is no one to impress by going clean shaven. For now I am letting the beard grow and am quite enjoying it. One advantage to my beard is that it comes in a definite gray and I find that people are better at judging my age now that I'm leaving the beard alone. Longer hair, long beard, I'm okay being a 60 plus hippy.
I was out walking the other day and some random young thing goes "great beard"...I never get comments when I'm clean shaven.

This post was edited

No way. I have absolutely no intentions of shaving my beard for any reason!

This post was edited

No way. I have absolutely no intentions of shaving my beard for any reason!

This post was edited

I shaved it last year when I had a skin cancer removed. I enjoyed the clean-shaven look for a while, but I got tired of shaving every day. I don't consider my beard to be an essential part of me. It's just a look. I am puzzled by the fact that it's been gray/white for many years (along with all my body hair), but my head hair gets darker. I have had people tell me they assume that I dye my hair ("No, I don't even always comb it").

This post was edited

No... my beard is for religious purposes and I will not ever shave it. Not even for the wife.

This post was edited