RE: Jerking Off

@ Showandteller. I also had my prostate removed in 2019, due to prostate cancer. My Urologists strongly suggested that I exercise my penis daily, aka masturbate. That's an order I have no problem following. Although my erections aren't as hard as they used to be, I am still able to have sex and achieve an orgasm. However, even though I can achieve orgasms, I am no longer able to ejaculate. The good news is that I no longer have to clean up any mess. It took me awhile to get used to not ejaculating but I'm finding that my sex partners don't seem to mind at all.
There are several medication options available. I would ask your Doctor about trying "Muse". It is a penile suppository that gets inserted into the tip of the penis. It will make you erect enough for penetration sex. Try it and get back to jerking off. Got to keep that muscle in good condition.
Best of luck to you.

This post was edited

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is the benefit that your urologist was hoping you'd achieve by daily or frequent masturbation since the penis is not a muscle and you've had your prostate removed and it would seem cancer isn't any longer a risk or an issue??? I could understand trying to maintain healthy blood flow and keeping the blood vessels expanded through frequent erections, but other than that I'm ignorant.... Any information for me? Always good to know more about our favorite part of our anatomy. lol

This post was edited

@ sexyital. The main reason is to maintain a healthy blood flow in order to continue achieving erections.

This post was edited

My doctor said that orgasms exercise the prostate thus contributing to a healthy prostate. Also, the endorphins released during sex or masturbation contribute to a sense of wellbeing.

This post was edited

My doctor said that orgasms exercise the prostate thus contributing to a healthy prostate. Also, the endorphins released during sex or masturbation contribute to a sense of wellbeing.

Works for me.

This post was edited
RE:Jerking Off

Yes jerkin off is good enjoy it better with friends

This post was edited

as my wife no longer wants sex. I have to work my penis myself. I also use it to work in the CBD i need -- i put it under my foreskin and each morning give it a work out. I did not know it helped keep the prostate going. very interesting thank you. Not the only reason of course to work my cbd into me via my penis but a good one for certain

This post was edited

What did the Surgeon General say about masturbationLI also remember the controversy surround the former Surgeon General's masturbation comments.As a prostate cancer survivor, my Urologist suggested I masturbate daily to keep everything working the way it should. That's a doctor's order I can follow without any problem or hesitation.I am lucky that my Urologist can be very open with me.

This was years ago. I think under the Clinton administration. The Surgeon a general at the time made comments in support of teaching young people that masturbation was perfectly fine for them to do and encouraging them to do so. Conservatives and others got all up in arms about it. (Some things never change)

This post was edited

Hello my dear friend! This discussion is very important and I feel motivated to write about my point of view. I love being naked and my erections feel natural and welcome. I masturbate and let myself be carried away by this desire that my erect dick causes in me. And in nudist encounters between men it is something that should happen, after all, sharing these moments of so much pleasure with other nudist friends is wonderful. Watching the pleasure, watching him reach orgasm and his cum coming out of his dick and showing that same pleasure to other nudist friends is an experience that transcends. Nudist hug for all

This post was edited

I have very open views on masturbation. I think the world would be better if it were more acceptable for men to masturbate together openly, without shame with the understanding that it's an inward activity and a personal expression of one's own energy and comfort with those around, and that the others around are not required to "assist" or do anything more for the masturbator, nor should the masturbator expect or coerce others into doing anything else without consent. Erections are wonderful and as I have seen, often contagious. Let men be men. Few things are so primally thrilling than being a man out in nature with the sun and breeze enjoying your cock with other men doing the same.

This post was edited