I'm getting lapped

My bride turned 62 last year and I'm 61. We live on a modest one acre property in a very country setting. A lot goes on our property. Large garden pond, garden, fruit trees, many flowers, various things Luann thinks are pretty, 400' of privacy fence to maintain ect. In my "prime" I could keep up with her by putting in all the underground water and electrical but that day has passed. She laps me twice over now and the best I can do as it would seem is mow the 1 acre twice a week and do the leaves in the fall. That girl does not sit still. Me?? Just being pitiful !!

This topic was edited
RE:I'm getting lapped

I know the feeling. I'm 58, my wife 57, and due to a couple of injuries, I just can't go like I used to. I'll go work in the garage for a while and then I'm whipped. In the mean time she's busy busy busy! It's frustrating and can wear on a guy after a while.

This post was edited

Though I'm only 8 months older than Di, she has been, is and will continue to run circles around me. She usually can't sit still and is always buzzing around her doing something. She'll slip on something and work out in the front yard where I hate to put something on to work out there, but I will.

She is the force that keeps us mobile. Walking every day for at least 3.5 miles. She's gotten us to eat better and healthier. I get the raised eyebrow if I order something I shouldn't while dining out. When I switch from beef to chicken or fish, she smiles, and all is well in our world again! haha

Though I am older by those 8 months, her energy keeps me from being sedentary, which is easy for me to do. She says I should not fret about it and that I need to conserve my strength and energy for things she will not do. Ladders, power tools, sharp hand tools, car repairs/maintenance and cleaning and I do most all the driving. haha

This post was edited

Well, I am not getting lapped but my lead has been cut by a few seconds. I still do the yard work, varied house chores and the like; it is not as easy to do as before. A recurrence of a back injury from a couple of years ago has me moving slow. Its all good, the wife still takes care of all the small things around the house, as always, and we move forward. We teamwork some of the minor daily items and everything is kept up. I am glad to have her beside me everyday. Yep-it just keeps getting better; I hope the same for each of you.

This post was edited

My partner is exactly 1 month younger than me. We both have accumulated battle scars over the years. We still get out and get stuff done. We figure we must keep going forward trying to make the most of life. I surely hope that Rock and Andy are moving well enough to have fun with their mates.

This post was edited

Steve I think Andy moves around better than I do but none the less I am one happy guy. Well in between Dr visits anyway.

This post was edited

Well all I will say is that you should enjoy being lapped. I used to be, my wife had lots of energy and drive, but cancer came visiting and she lost her battle early last year, so no more lapping. I think after 50 things start to happen, I've had a couple of health issues but I try to exercise to stay reasonably fit & healthy but having the energy and drive to do things sometimes is not there. I turned 60 this year. So enjoy being lapped and enjoy aging, enjoy spending time with your partner, enjoy nude time, enjoy any time.

This post was edited

Andy, enjoy that great view of your wife working in the yard when you are resting, you're very lucky. Someone will be able to advise accurately I'm sure but my observation is that over 50 yo, health issues start to happen, whether it's just aching joints or heart issues or cancer or a multitude of other ailments. I believe we all need to be grateful for what we have, my wife had a saying "there's always something to be grateful for". At times I have found that hard to accept over the last 18 months since her passing and even before as cancer ravaged her physically but I think of that often these days and about our life together and how lucky I was. So, enough of that, enjoy being lapped and enjoy having a nudist wife / partner, all of you.

This post was edited

I am 4.5 years older than Mrs. J&C but I have always been the one lapping her. I have run several nude 5Ks while she opted to walk them, and I am still playing in my company softball league at 55. But this Monday while running the bases I felt a pop in my right Achilles and have been hobbling around for a few days. Not a rupture and it is getting better, but I think it is time to retire from running and softball and get back to golf which I havent really played in 20+ years. I just need to heal up by next weekend so we can take our usual nude walks around camp and say hi to everyone.

This post was edited