RE:Respect for an actor

I totally agree. Most nudity in film is there to titillate or at least get enough attention to sell tickets. The recent growth of full frontal male nudity, though bringing some needed equality and fairness to film, is still not really always fair as many male actors are wearing prosthetic penises. When have female actors worn prosthetic breasts? Maybe they have and I and havent heard but I wonder if protecting male modesty or size image still shows we are a long way from normalizing nudity.

This post was edited

Another one that comes to mind is Midsommar (2019). According to IMDB, after the sex scene, Christian was supposed to run out in the robe he entered in but the actor suggested he run outside nude to appear more vulnerable.

Yes I read an interview with the actor about his extended nude scenes in the movie. He felt he should be as vulnerable as any female is while nude

This post was edited

Richard Gere in American Gigolo. Apparently, the famous nude scene was unscripted, he decided that it would make more sense for the character to be nude, so he was.

After I posted, I read that John Travolta and Christopher Reeves were both offered the part. I wonder if they would have done the same thing,

This post was edited